Arlo Q integration with Smartthings

I’m currently one of the last people between y’all and official Arlo Q and Q+ integrations, and it’s pretty much my top priority at the moment.

There are a lot of quirks here and there that I’d like to see fixed, but I’m doing my best to make sure that the integration is the best it can be to minimize pain for all of you.

Sorry for the delay!

1 Like

We noticed this as well and have been working with Netgear to fix it. It’s pretty much gone for me as of yesterday.

Are you still seeing this issue?

January came and went. February came and went…How about an update on Arlo Q integration time frame guys?

Thanks for your work csuk.

Chris, Seems better today. I will monitor the delay this weekend. Thanks for your quick response…R

Hi Chris,

All working now. Yesterday while testing using smart lighting the light was coming on after motion from arlo pro, however they were not turning off again. Not sure if that is related??

Also it does concern me if you guys are doing live testing?? I could be pulling my hair out trying to get something working, when its you guys actually making changes.

Regards
Kevin

@twack can speak more to the actual issue, and he deserves all the credit for getting everything fixed.

However, I was not able to reproduce your issue with the lights not turning back off; that’s working correctly for me. I’d say double check the settings and contact support if it’s not turning off correctly.

So this has become a bit silly.

Those folks like us who buy into and invest in Smartthings and home automation, do so not because of a need (not even close) but because of an outright interest.
An interest in doing something different, something new, having a project to work on. We are technologically minded curious people.

Most of us are huge fans of Smartthings and we love our Arlo’s too, we just want them to work together.

We appreciate the work you guys are doing and we understand you can’t keep everyone happy with all requests but the least you can do is best honest, upfront and keep the die hard folks who user your products informed.

Tyler has gone to the point of ignoring all us users and has not responded to any of the request updates above, which is a pity.

Chris can you now give us a rough update date.
Something to look towards? A lose target will do!

Anything!
Please!

@Tyler
@csuk

2 Likes

Sorry, I"m not ignoring you all on purpose.

As Chris said, we’re getting close. There were a few issues that cropped up weeks back that forced us to go back to development.

We can’t provide a rough date, but as far as I know there are no more blocking issues and it’s a matter of us coordinating with Netgear for release.

So, can you at least give us an order of magnitude estimate? Are we talking:

• 5 hours
  • 5 days
  • 5 weeks
  • 5 months
  • 5 years
1 Like

second that.

Between 5 days and 5 weeks. Hopefully on the shorter side of that.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Tyler, for the timeframe! Good luck getting it working! I love our Q and I can see us getting a few more.

1 Like

Happy to test if needed

Arlo Q (and Q+ and Pro) just launched. Check it out in the Marketplace under Cameras.

5 Likes
1 Like

As always, please report any bugs or usability issues to support@smartthings.com

Discussing issues (or venting frustrations) and helping each other out on the Community is great, but as some of you know, we use support tickets as a metric to prioritize engineering resources and it helps us make a case to the powers that be.

Thanks Tyler and Chris. I just connected my smartthings to Arlo Q. I am able to arm it using turn on these switches where i can configure to record video. But when I add it to another routine to turn off it does not change the mode to disarmed. Otherwise works great

Seems to be working well initially! Many thanks… all my cameras are integrated and included in my security routines!

Live view seems to work fine!

Many thanks!!!

Can I know if it is going to be available for uk as I have uk version of the hub, thanks

Yes I’m in the UK too.