App Testing

(Aqsa Kashaf) #1

Hi,

I want to test my smart apps by generating a random event stream and checking the output stream. One way is to use Android monkey to change the state of virtual devices to trigger apps.

However, I am thinking is it possible to write a device handler that allows me to change a sensor state(virtual device) at various instants.

As a concrete example, say I have an app that turns a switch on when motion is active for 3min.

To test it, I would want to change the motion Sensor(virtual device) state, once at time t = 0, then at time t < 3 and then at time t > 3.

So my question is, can I write a device handler that automatically sends events in this pattern?

I will really appreciate the help.

(PPO16) #2

You don’t need to write a device handler for that I think. A simple smartapp sending the event to your existing devices dth would do the trick.

That’s what the parse function of dth generally do: read a value of something and send event like motion, on, off etc. Here you just bypass the event that the parse would… parse and direvtly send the ecent to that dth

(Aqsa Kashaf) #3

Thank you so much