Alexa open my garage

thanks I do have rboy’s “02.05.01” Z-Wave Garage Door Opener base code as of 2015-9-19 device handler installed I don’t see a universal garage door DH
Perhaps the garage doors are not using the device handler though not sure how to tell.
I did install rboy’s device handler after I had already installed my garage door contollers.
They are the Linear GD00Z garage door controllers.
Another thing probably causing problems is I am north of the wall and Amazon Alexa restricts somethings from us. I had to use an apk to just get Alexa on my smart phone.

I’m using gocontrol… it works now/ again with Alexa… its how i type it in her settings to open… thanks all

If you go into the ST developer api, and find your device under “My Devices”, you can change the “Type”. The @rboy type is labelled “Z-Wave Garage Door Opener with Switch Capability”

thanks
I used Alexa Helper and created a virtual momentary switch linked to a simple SmartThing routine which just closes the garage doors and that looks like it is working.
I just wanted to send a closed command to the garage doors when I tell Alexa “good night”

now I just have to figure out how to get Alexa to respond “house is secure” after all doors are closed and locked after the Alexa “good night” command

thanks for the help!

I stand corrected
changing the device type to rboy DH seems to work for the garage door devices. Alexa sees the garage doors as momentary switches now and works in Alexa. So I can not command the garage open or closed specifically it simply actions the door depending on where it is currently at just like the physical push button on the wall.

But the scenes imported from SmartThing automation routines (which only have the garage door devices in them) still will not work they say unsupport devices. Perhaps because in those automation routines I specially said to close the garage doors. Which works in SmartThings as SmartThings still sees them as garage doors not momentary switches.
Not sure why Alexa would see them as different device types.

Regardless the Alexa helper vitual switch does what I need it to do.