AirThings Radon Detector

Just bought few of these mini´s, looks good ! Would love to see these connected to ST. They do have API and HUB also. Anyone have any success yet ?

In airthings pages, they do have guide to read data over BT :

I emailed them the other week and requested ST integration. I would do the same so they see the demand.

1 Like

will do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has somebody tried this Python software running on a Raspberry Pi? - https://github.com/Drolla/WavePlus_Bridge

This is an replay I got the other day from an airthings support team member:

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 11:37 PM, “G* M*" <g*.m*@airthings.intercom-mail.com> wrote:

There’s no ETA for that, I’m afraid, but rest assured that we’re working on it.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 11:35 PM, “Panos" <*@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there an ETA regarding Smartthings intergration?

2 Likes

Hi Panos!

Dalton here, I’m the customer success manager at Airthings. I would like to set the record straight here. It looks like one of our customer service team members misspoke about a Smartthings integration last year and I apologize for that. As you can imagine, there have been many requests for integrations with different smarthome set-ups such as HomeKit, Smartthings, Homey, etc. While we would love to offer this solution to every set-up, our team has not had the bandwidth to explore our expanded reach with these solutions.

However! After Apple / Google / Amazon and others announced around the holiday season of 2020 that they will finally create a common IP-based standard (CHIP), most of the new development has stopped at existing solutions among the big ones to focus on this.

We now see the opportunity to offer this on future products at Airthings and will follow the development of the standard closely towards the first version over 2021.

1 Like

Hello @AIrthings
Thanks for your reply.
As an alternative, is there any plans to open your API for the home users too?
There are many developers (including me) that are more than happy to develop a Airthings - Smartthings integration, for everyday use with their automations.

2 Likes

I can confirm, this works.

FINALLY!!!
Airthings open their API for public use!
You can request new API credentials under Integrations tab:
https://dashboard.airthings.com/integrations/api-integration

Happy coding! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Awesome ! Any progress :smiley: ?

3 Likes

Any progress on this one? I’ve been waiting on this one for a while. Wondering if this will push me off of ST eventually.

1 Like

Hey @Panos have you looked into the API yet? Would be great to be able to control the smartthings connected power plugs of air cleaners or adjust heating based on the sensors. :slight_smile:

Dude! I hope you are doing well.
Unfortunately, I have switched to HA.
I was seek and tired ST and its limitations.
Sorry about that :confused:

Any news about integration to airthings?

Any progress?

@AIrthings - Any news about integration with Smartthings before switching to something else?