AirNow.gov integration?

OK, give this a try: https://github.com/jschlackman/AirNow

Once configured, it should look like this:

Looks great, I didnā€™t get a chance to install it tonight, will do soon.

Got it up and running! Woot!!

Now I just need to figure out how to read all these parameters from other device handlers and make decisions on them.

So Furnace is running or circulating, Windows are open, Air Quality is good, etcā€¦ Then do A, B, C, or D.

Awesome, thank you!!!

Will the Device update regularly, or will I need some Smartapp to poll routinely?

Thanks again! Hardest part was getting the API key set (had to use iPhone app, and at least with iOS 11, it was hard to get it to focus on the API key field to paste it in.

So quick question. I just tried creating something in CoRE with this, and I canā€™t figure out how to actually use logic against it. I used type ā€œSensorā€. Is there a different way to do this, or should I finally look at WebCore?

It should update itself every hour, though the method it uses is somewhat unsupported. It works for me, so it should work for you. If it doesnā€™t work, you can refresh it using any other SmartApp that can issue refresh or poll commands to a device. Iā€™ve seen Pollster recommended in a few places.

Unfortunately Iā€™ve never actually gotten into WebCoRE myself, but my understanding from the documentation is that WebCoRE can reference device attributes directly by name. The names of the available attributes are listed at the bottom of the ReadMe.

Webcore works. CoRE just doesnā€™t see (unless I am completely missing it) the variables the DH provides.

Just ported my ā€œGarage Cooling Fanā€ to WebCoRE and was able to say ā€œPM25 is less than Xā€. =)

Thank you!

Awesome, glad it was relatively straightforward!

Sweet! This is awesome. Now that I know I can pull everything together with a webcore I will be working on that in the near future (I hope).

I just install this handler, only works in the old ST app, did someone make it work with the new app?

It does work in the new Smartthings app, it just doesnā€™t display the data in the device, you can see the data in IDE.
I can not get it to work with Actiontiles either. I believe that is due to it not having a compatible device type.

@ssa @granzy

The developer would have to go throught the process of setting up custom capabilities via CLI. Until then I am using WebCore and a custom DTH that @guxdude created.

Find the DTH here:

My piston is below:

The unknown device is the device that you create with the DTH above. Itā€™s not as pretty as the old ST APP but it works.

Edit 11/12: Updated piston so that API URL is visible in variable.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help.
Can you tell me what the URL Iā€™m to use in the piston?

My apologies, rookie mistake, should know better by now :grin:

Iā€™ll update the above importable piston when Iā€™m back to my PC. Piston above has been updated so that API_URL is visible and used in a variable. Bin be6j

http://www.airnowapi.org/aq/observation/zipCode/current

I am still missing something (Iā€™m sure itā€™s simple).
I am putting in my zip and API key in the string fields and leaving the format string alone.
My device is selected in place of ā€œunknown device 1ā€. Oddly, I have to change the device type to get Webcore to recognize the device and then change it back to device type ā€œAdjust Text Valuesā€
I did change the execute time to 5 min for testing.

Do you mean to be able to add it to webcore in the ST app? For future reference, when you use this DTH, you find the device under category 2 devices, refreshable devices.

That was it, I just had to wait for 4 hours for it to start reporting. Thanks again.

Having trouble with the piston not reporting to the device. Have input zip and api in the piston and pointed to the dht device, but nothing. What could I be missing? Only getting crossed out clouds for values

@troy_owens Have you set the device in Webcore? mine is on line 59 but yours may be on a different line

@guxdude Do you use Actiontiles? I am unable to get a tile of this added, I believe due to the DHT type.