Aeotec Pico Shutter No Longer Connects After Resetting It

I successfully connected a new “Aeotec Pico shutter” but subsequently did the reset because the curtain motor was not activated and I thought it could depend on the device. After resetting and turning the power off/on, the pairing no longer works (i repeated the procedure many times but the App (iOS) after few minutes always displayed the error code 34-302). What can I do to connect the device again?

So you reset the Aeotec Pico but I wanted to ask if you removed the Pico from the ST app before the reset? Check the Advanced Web App and remove it if necessary and reboot your ST hub in the Hubs section. Then force quit the ST app and reset the Pico (check that you are resetting it properly) power off/on the Pico for 10 seconds. Open the ST app and attempt to pair it to your hub.

Thanks for the support. I confirm that I had already removed the Pico from the ST app. I followed the procedure you suggested but unfortunately the outcome does not change: when I pair, both the aeotec device and the hub flash but after a few minutes arrives the same message that it cannot find the device.

Thanks for the support. I confirm that I had already removed the Pico from the ST app. I followed the procedure you suggested but unfortunately the outcome does not change: when I pair, both the aeotec device and the hub flash but after a few minutes the notification arrives that it cannot find the device.

is it possible to get the hub very near the pico when pairing?

the hub is about 5 meters away but upon first inclusion of the device, after having taken it out of the box and installed it without resetting, everything worked. I don’t understand why after resetting it I can no longer include it.

Have you excluded the Pico? Until you exclude it you can’t re-pair it.

In the app go to hub>settings>z-wave utilities>exclusion. And then follow the exclusion detections for the Pico.

In fact I didn’t know this utility. I tried but Pico shutter is not in the list of deleteable devices. I saw that there is also a “Troubleshoot Z-Wave network” utility: does it make sense to try?

Find a Pico manual and it will tell you how to put into exclusion mode. Then put hub into exclusion mode.

I don’t know what "Troubleshoot Z-Wave network” is. But it won’t help at this point, you must do an exclusion.

Aeotec Pico is a Zigbee device, so it shouldn’t require device exclusion.

If it is ZigBee you are correct. No exclusion would be needed.

Yes, pico is not zigbee. So after trying to reset the pico, delete and redownload the ST app I don’t know what else to do. Other possibilities?

do you have other mobile devices you can install the ST app and try adding the device?

what is the model number of your Pico Shutter? I thought they were Zigbee or Matter. Did you use any custom Edge drivers? Are you scanning by QR code or without?

Hi, @Massimo_Banino

This device is pending approval in the Zigbee Window Treatment smartthings stock driver.

It may have previously been paired as a generic device, but if you don’t have an Aeotec driver that supports this device or another custom device, it may not work.

If this “Zigbee Window Treatment” driver is not installed on your hub, you can try installing the driver from the smartthings beta channel

https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=450930c1-02a6-43d8-adaa-4cbc51027956

The model is ZGA004. I tried all mode of pairing (QR, code, Aeotec device, find near device).
What is very strange is that when I unboxed the pico shutter and added it to the App ST the operation was successfull and the icon appeared on the app ST; but the device did not move the engine even though it responded to the app commands, then I removed it thinking it was a problem. However, I realized that the problem was a wrong connection of the curtain cables and therefore, after having reset the pico shutter again, I tried to add it again, without success.
In conclusion, after the device has been successfully added and subsequently removed, it is no longer possible to add it again.