Adding Netflix button?

Hi was wondering if there was any way of getting a Netflix button etc onto Smartthings to launch the app? I have recently came across the aberto sonorous skill on Alexa that allows you to create routines that will then trigger such apps to open. I was wondering is there a way to make a button that will link to these Alexa routines or another way to link to the created “devices” aberto sonorous creates?

If you can create an Alexa Routine that does what you want, Echo Speaks can trigger an Alexa Routine.

Anything you can do with an echo routine (not a smartthings routine) you can launch from a virtual device in smartthings. ( and you don’t need complex code like echo speaks, just a single virtual device and the regular official smartthings features. :wink: )

This is a very popular integration. See the community FAQ:

FAQ: Can I trigger an Echo Action without Speaking to It?

To launch the app on what? Whatever device you want to launch the app on must be able to be controlled by Alexa if you want to use an Alexa routine.

forgot all about Echo Speaks. Thanks! I will have a play around tonight and see if I can sort something out

1 Like