Add serial number to smartthings app?

I was in BETA program for a couple of years until i recieved an emails saying my serial number doesn’t match what i submitted to the program.

I went to Samsung account and found the information for my hub is blank for serial number. I don’t see how to add this data, since it doesn’t appear this is an editable field.

I am hoping there is a way to get this updated without a factory reset. Any ideas?

Thanks!

You should reach out to ST support. Tap on Menu and select Contact us. You will probably want to select Report something else.

tagging @nayelyz @alissa.dornbos

2 Likes

Hi, @General_KAOS

Could you provide support access to your account, please?

1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  2. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

Thanks for the tag, @jkp!

1 Like

You should have access to my hub. Thanks!!

Thanks to @jkp too.

@nayelyz i don’t see any update. Is there an issue i can help with?

1 Like

Hi, @General_KAOS
Sorry for the delay, the engineering team was checking this issue and they found out why you were removed, there was a problem with some emails registered, but they corrected it and you’ll get access to the next release in Beta, be pending for the announcement in Announcements or Developer Programs.

Thanks!

@nayelyz,
It doesn’t look like my hub serial number is updated. Is there a way for me to enter that or have suuport enter it? Does it really matter if it is blank?
Thanks.
Tim

We’re checking with the engineering team but it seems that the mostly used data to identify a Hub is its EUI, which you can see in the Advanced users app > Hubs, for example:

Hi, @General_KAOS

Following up on this, the engineering team mentioned your hub is correctly included in the list of the Beta group, so, you’ll receive the next Beta release.
The serial number being empty doesn’t affect this process.