ActiON Dashboard 4.6.3 is here! (Now SmartTiles.click)

Dropcam Video stream tile is only for Dropcam. Other types of cameras are not supported without additional coding. You could try to add the support yourself, based on the example of Dropcam. It shouldn’t be too hard.

Which one do you have?

Hi Alex. Im not sure if I am missing a step. I was able to install it and it is now under my app, but is my dashboard suppose to update? Also, i am not showing a url. Can u assist?. Thanks!

If you are upgrading from version 3, your existing dashboard will remain unaffected.

If you installed version 4 with no errors, open the IDE and navigate to logs. While the logs are open, tap ActiON icon on your mobile device (under My Apps). The URL should be displayed in the logs.

Clicking on the action icon under my apps but its non responsive. Not sure.why

Are you able to click on the gear icon and go into app preferences? Try sending the URL to yourself via SMS.

Ok it seems like its not finalizing my configuration. I clicked.done and everytime i do and click on the gear, it bringsme back to the first configuration page…

Hikvision camera that I have working in ST. A URL with the format of this below returns a photo:

http://username:password@www.url.com:port/Streaming/channels/1/picture

New app works great. I also would be interested in a Foscam videostream / snapshot instead of the Dropcam ones. I’ve got some Foscam FI8910W’s and FI8909W’s. I also get the grey box that was mentioned above, when using the basic URL in the Dashboard app.

Snapshot should already work if your device type has Image Capture capability.

I don’t own a Foscam so I didn’t look into integrating it. You are welcome to do it for the community.

Hi alex, ive uninstalled and re added and able to obtain the link from sms. Tx for ur help. I’ll play around with.it later and hope everythings works fine

I just had an epiphany about obtaining the URL. I will implement it this afternoon.

1 Like

Can I ask a silly question, why do we have to cut and paste the code in instead of being a from template or published app within IDE?

This is a SmartThings developer tools limitation. And SmartThings are months behind approving submitted apps.

1 Like

Anybody know what and where I would need to add the code to get the videostream and/or snapshots to work on Foscam’s in this app? I tried the URL in the “Dropcam video stream” section of the app with no luck. Just a grey IPCAM box. I can add it to the “Show links” section and it will create me a link tile that opens another browser for me to view it. Not ideal, but it does allow me to verify my URL is correctly setup.

This app directly competes with their native mobile app. The chances of it being approved are slim.

ST has a backlog of more than 6 months for app approval. Back in July I wrote and submitted an app that monitors UV activity. They just got to me about it last week. I think most of the North America is not too concerned about UV ratings around Christmas time.

I submitted version 3 of ActiON Dashboard for review back in October, I haven’t heard anything from ST. With this code, you have the functionality right now.

While the installation process is cumbersome and not elegant by any means, this is the least involved and the least technical way of getting a dashboard.

ST has very powerful APIs, but also severe handicaps at the same time. My SmartApp allows you to control your home without any third party services, so your sensitive data never leaves your domain.

1 Like

Take a look at the following line in the most recent version of the code:
440 - get links from preferences
359 - render tile. This is where you have to change the stream container

i’m giving foscam support a shot, i am going to work on the non h264 cams first

Is there anyway for me to change the order the icons display in?

If you want to give it a shot yourself, you can try to reorder lines in allDeviceData method on line 416.

I’m planning to implement this feature this weekend. I’ve been putting this off because it is not trivial.

I know Alex is working on this as a future update. I also found for within groups like switches/Dimmers/Temp/ect., I can get those in the order I want by simply selecting them in the order I want in the phone app I use.