ActiON, aka Web Dashboard 3.0

Today I am getting this error

{
error: true,
type: “org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException”,
}

I guess it is something to do with last nights update. Is there any fix to it ?

I turned off the weather panel for now and it works for me until a real fix is found

Yep, I saw this error in iDE
9:28:08 AM: error org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘temperature’ with class ‘physicalgraph.device.cache.AttributeDTO’ to class ‘physicalgraph.device.Attribute’ @ line 1337

Yes, same here. I’m getting the exact same error in my SmartApp where the line is:
def attributes = mydevice.supportedAttributes

I’m also not getting any push notification on my phone anymore and not being able to run any hello home phrases in my SmartApp since the platform update this morning. Has anyone seen the same issues?

I’m getting a GroovyCastException too. Definitely something changes at the back end. I will investigate and update the code. Although I don’t know at this point if whatever changed will remain that way or will revert back.

Ok, how do I fix this? The API has changed. Any documentation or notice?

Whenever this is called on stock weather device

device?.supportedAttributes

This error is thrown

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘temperature’ with class ‘physicalgraph.device.cache.AttributeDTO’ to class ‘physicalgraph.device.Attribute’

Yes. Power cycle the hub.

I worked around it so it should be good. Good in terms of weather displaying properly now. Not good in every other aspect.

You guys should update the code. For those using customized versions, the fix is on line 1337 (head version).

4 Likes

Line 1337 for those using customized versions? You couldn’t have planned that better if you tried.

4 Likes

Can people post pictures of their dashboard setups? Would love to see what other people have done.

Love the Dashboard, seeing a crash when I add a humidity sensor other than the nest or the Smart Weather Tile. The error only appears to occur with the SmartThings Temperature and Humidity Sensors.

Error:
{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.NumberFormatException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

Thoughts? Also, side question, is it possible to change color or re-order the tiles? Also, can I change the naming of the tile to something other than the name of the device?

Thanks!

From the Live Logging (edited):

3:55:42 PM EDT: trace timeOk = false
3:55:42 PM EDT: trace daysOk = true
3:55:42 PM EDT: trace modeOk = true
3:55:42 PM EDT: trace motionHandler, anyOff: Living Room Floor Lamp 2
3:55:42 PM EDT: trace motionHandler, othersActive: false
3:55:42 PM EDT: trace motionHandler(motion: inactive) turnOffAfter: 10 min
3:55:42 PM EDT: debug Parse returned [name:motion, value:inactive, descriptionText:2nd Floor Hall Motion/Temp motion has stopped]
3:55:42 PM EDT: debug motion
3:55:42 PM EDT: debug description: zone status 0x0020 – extended status 0x00
3:55:40 PM EDT: error java.lang.NumberFormatException @ line 327
3:55:36 PM EDT: debug Parse returned Alex’s iPhone 6 has arrived
3:55:35 PM EDT: debug Home ActiON Dashboard URL: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/
3:55:33 PM EDT: trace Scheduling ‘scheduledWeatherRefresh’ for InstalledSmartApp:
3:55:33 PM EDT: trace Melrose Dashboard was provided…creating subscription
3:55:33 PM EDT: trace Melrose Dashboard is attempting to unsubscribe from all events
3:55:33 PM EDT: debug Updated with settings: [switches:[Living Room Floor Lamp 2, Living Room Floor Lamp 1, Living Room Corner Lamp], dimmers:[2Fl Bath Overhead], locks:[Kwikset 910 ], contacts:[Smart Sense Open / Close], temperature:[Basement Temp/Humidity, 3rd Floor Temp/Humidity , 2nd Floor Hall Motion/Temp, Smart Sense Open / Close, Back Porch Temp/Humidity], humidity:[3rd Floor Temp/Humidity , Nest ], motion:[2nd Floor Hall Motion/Temp], weather:[SmartWeather Tile], theme:Color, viewOnly:false, interval:1, resetOauth:false, showHelloHome:true, label:Alex’s SmartThings Dashboard, showMode:true, showClock:Digital, phrases:[Good Morning!, Good Night!, Goodbye!, I’m Back!]]

Here Alex there is another case for you. It has to be the data type returned by ST temp/humidity sensor. I didn’t try to debug since the last time I reported. I have seen the sensor return something like null% which I posted in one of the threads.

This is awesome. Have been looking for an easy dashboard for the wife to use for our lights.

Is there a way to group lights? I have to lights on our front steps that i would like to group into one tile if that is possible instead of having to click on both to get them on.

Just group the two lights together with a simple app: Turning one on/off turns both on/off. Then just show the one tile.

Hmm, I don’t see how to do that… I have lights grouped in the ST app, but in the dashboard I only see the individual switches.

I think the big switch app does that. Create an on/off tile device type (virtual switch) and use the Big Switch app then. I guess it is under convenience?

2 Likes

I’m not talking about a Group, as you can do in the smartphone GUI. I’m talking about a small app that links two switches together, so if one is turned on/off, both turn on/off. Once you have that app, you only need to show one switch tile, since both switches will turn on/off together.

There are several ways to “group” switches together in an app. One method is to create a “switch gang”, where turning any of the switches on/off turns all on/off. Another is to have a master switch, where turning it on/off turns others on/off as well. I prefer the latter, because it leaves you the ability to turn on/off one without the other if that’s what you want.

@625alex - I’m just blown away by the simplicity and the usefulness of this dashboard ! Spent the full afternoon configuring my dashboards… FANTASTIC JOB ALEX !!! (Paypal - 20$ on its way :slight_smile: .

Features that I would like to have:

1. Since I’m using it on my tablet (can it actually behave like a Sonos’ device i.e. announce when door is opened, closed, etc.)
  2. Foscam video feed integration
  3. Re-arranging my Tiles
  4. Would like to have devices from another Hub Location be available in the same dashboard. How can that be done ?
  5. Have a running section (ticker like) for the SmartThings Alerts that come.

Lastly - anyway in which this dashboard can be launched and always be in FULL SCREEN model ? I’m using chrome, so every refresh it shows the address bar.

@skhandu I’ll answer a few of your questions and leave the rest for Alex and other community members.

1- There is a SmartApp called VLC Thing, it mimics Sonos abilities (mostly) if you combine it with some other apps you can do this, at first I was turned off by the extra steps but I’m really loving it. I use VLC Thing, VLC on MAC, Air Foil on Mac, Air Foil on Android Tablets and Phones. Here is the thread about VLC Thing

2 - I think this feature is in the works
3- I think this feature is in the works
4 - Not sure this is at all possible but you can easily link to your other dashboard from this dashboard
5 - This is a great idea, I was just thinking about something like this on HADashboard
6 (lastly) - If you create a homescreen shortcut this should work, there are apps out there that you can use too that are meant for Kiosks. There is also an app I use called Immersive Mode which gets rid of everything except the webpage itself.

3 Likes

What platform are you using Chrome on?