2 function switch for ceiling fan and light?

See the links in the post just above yours. :sunglasses:

1 Like

My guess is they are using the following (from one of your linksā€¦) I know the Lutron Caseta Fan controllers always turn the fan on at high speed for about 1-2 seconds to kickstart the motion, even if starting at the lowest speed setting. This aligns with the description belowā€¦

FAN DIMMER, or ELECTRONIC FAN SPEED CONTROL: $ 10-20

(Solid state phase angle firing of a triac with additional needed components for inductive load (motor) operation) Iā€™ve seen them with a rotary switch or a slider control. They always turn on at high speed and then adjust to slow. Good ones have a minimum speed adjustment. (If they donā€™t have a min. speed adjustment they donā€™t go very slow.) (Get one with a user settable minimum speed adjustment) No solid state dimmer operates real well at real low speeds. Fan dimmer type speed controls are usually rated about 5 amps. Did I say to get one with a minimum speed adjustment??? These controls are quite efficient.

1 Like

No, the dual Inovelli is designed as a ceiling light combo. It will allow for multiple ceiling fan speeds.

1 Like

My bad, I was thinking of Zooz ZEN 30.

The Inovelli fan/light is a brand new device which is due out this month, it doesnā€™t look like it has started shipping yet.

Thanks for the correction. I have edited my post above. :sunglasses:

1 Like

The Inovelli fan/light combo is/has been shipping. If there is an interest, I would head to the Inovelli Community Forum and review the threads there. The switch is innovative, but like all new things, has a couple kinks to be worked out.

1 Like