Suggest a Device

Just curious, how would you use it? It’s a single-button remote, well… two button if you count double press. You could use to switch between two modes I suppose, like “Home” and “Away”. What else?

The Belkin lightbulb controller.

I would bet it’s not stuck to two clicks. If you can use holding the button that’s a third at least. If it could “learn” you might be able to have any number ala morse code

I’d love to set it to be a Sleep mode. At the end of the day, tap the button to check on your progress as it turns your home into Goodnight mode. Would be nice if it only did that after 9pm etc.

Beddit bed sensor
Kevo
Homekit
Healthkit
Airport Express (music control/playback, iTunes)
Foscam
Rachio iro
Automatic car unit
Skybell

Is there a list of the devices that have been added recently given this thread?

Good one. Zero? Maybe two?

i tested and @Sticks18 programmed the smart pet door

I would like to see.
Orbit Iris Hose Faucet Water Timer
http://www.lowes.com/pd_586530-74985-27087_0__?productId=50140356&Ntt=iris&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Diris%26page%3D2&facetInfo=
The timer can join, but something about passing back the date and time. Batteries drain and just keeps adding the same timer.
and
PlantLinks
Was told last year app was done and just needed ST testing.

And keep up the good work with the lab apps. Sonos and Hue’s, both need some love.

Thank you,
Tom

Never going to happen unless through Web API and then that is questionable because a bluetooth device with the code will have to be present… This particular device (likely even with BT on ST) is never likely to be controlled outside of “its” App… The architecture just doesn’t support it…

These could both be available if ST wanted to make them available but what do you really want to do with them? How would you want to use them? Perhaps there could be a device-type that was each so that the status could be viewed/used as a trigger… The App would head permission to either read or write - but then perhaps you could have a section to “sync” certain items - ?? if that were the case which would they be?

Check out Uby

Not long away! It is already tested and working - just waiting to be tested some more before public release.

Have this working also! :slight_smile: It is working for our team but will not work for mass users yet… There are a couple issues with the Oauth and the webHooks that I am sorting out with Automatic and our servers and then it will be ready to go! The delay is due to webHook and Oauth issues.

On that note: What does the user community want to use Automatic for in ST? I am setting it up as a presence sensor - button - and switch for now: presence (home office), sensor for acceleration (running/not), button for ignition, and switch for on/off… This should “present” enough inputs for users’ ? There will also be an accompanying App to configure most of these events to do specific things…

Has anyone attempted integration with the Yamaha Aventage series? The series has ethernet connectivity, a web interface and a smartphone app.

Automatic would be great to use in conjunction with say Sonos. For instance I am driving my car and get inside my designated geofence and it sends a notification through Sonos that Dad is almost home. Nice alert to get the kids to clean up or put away whatever they were doing that they were not supposed to be doing. Naturally a trigger for my nest thermostat but that already exists in the “works with nest” for automatic. Unlocking my august lock and opening up the garage when I arrive in my driveway. To get this to work seamlessly though I think there should be some sort of multiple Geofences if possible. For instance a general fence for Almost home and a smaller one for I am in the driveway. I don’t want my garage opening and closing within a half mile of my house but rather within a few 100 feet but I want the notification to Sonos to occur a little further out from my house.

The Monoprice Z-Wave Electronic Door Lock. It is by far the most affordable of the current options available:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=122&cp_id=12212&cs_id=1221201&p_id=10798&seq=1&format=2

there have been some attempts in the community to get it up and running but it is far from plug and play at this point. It works currently as a general z-wave lock using the ST app but the keypad for user codes does not work:

I can see that use case being very well received! :slight_smile: Unfortunately current_location is still not available from Automatic - currently available data is based on “trips” or other states - ignition on/off, trip completed, check engine light on/off, and if your car supports the “low fuel” feature… However, I can think of a way to implement that feature using ST - through “locations” by creating a location along the way that you “pass through” on the way home at the right point and then having it fire the desired event at your home “location” Passing events from one location to another is a bit tricky but let me have a look if there is a way to do it without using an external server.

Tightening the GeoFence can be pretty difficult to make work reliably. And a lot of it also has to do with the cellular carriers and how quickly you are moving… 1000+ ft. yes, 100 ft not so plausible to rely on, however, you could join the GeoFence with a motion sensor and Automatic. For instance - ignition running, phone within GeoFence (standard), and use a motion sensor (outdoor like Aeon) near the drive way - if all three things are true then open the gate and the garage. Could then have it close the gate when ignition is off and also do the same in reverse - i.e. ignition starts while phone is home then open gate and garage (if not already open)

3 Likes

Hi @ashutosh1982

At CES2015, we showed the Samsung Powerbot VR9000 integrating with SmartThings. I don’t believe Samsung has it out in the US at the moment, however I’m personally looking forward to getting one myself!

3 Likes

Does Smartthings support the new Arlo battery powered wifi camera?

2 Likes

We are working on it.

5 Likes

Hi @Ben, any idea of timeframe on Arlo integration? Just a real rough ballpark would do…

@Ryan_De_Young - Ben says they’re working on integrating Arlo.

2 Likes

Netgear cameras are one of the first camera partnerships we are releasing. I don’t have a timeframe however. I would suspect it to be Q2. Official partnerships take time.

4 Likes

would like to see wemo, hue, ge lightbulbs, schlage Camelot door lock integrated properly. ST site indicates these are but for some reason are not in my case, oh and add in the ST door sensors as theses are not reporting status properly. Add iPhone and Samsung galaxy phone as mobile presence.