Suggest a Device

Craftsman Assurelink garage door opener, please.

Also, Honeywell Wifi Thermostat. This should be an easy one. Wink does it. The only one on your list right now is the cheaper Honeywell zwave thermostat.

Summer Wifi baby moonitor

Rachio Iro, Zones, and Schedules as Thingsā€¦

Setup:

Zone:

Activity:

And some Flower Power:

Device-Type:

Can we please get the ability to change the codes on Kwikset SmartCODE series locks from the app? I had the ability from two competitors product hubs before, that were vastly inferior to ST, so I donā€™t understand why this great team cant make this work here.

Can we please get support for IP cams from all kinds of different manufacturers? It seems A LOT of us would like to see this improvement.

1 Like

Thatā€™s nice. Iā€™ve been holding back on buying any because of no smart things.

Thinkecoā€™s Modlet. I have 8 of these. It is a two socket outlet that just plugs into your normal outlet. It has power monitoring and control on both sockets. The hardware is great, just wish it could integrate with other products.

Would love to see Rocki integration - this would work especially well for people who already have a speaker system built into the house (and thus donā€™t have any need for the expense of a Sonos system). Plus, they are way way way cheaper!

Mine currently works with main station and additional moduleā€¦but been integrated since this early fall. Are you saying if I mess with Netatmo app at all I will lose its functionality? (curious)

What I would REALLY like is the rain station module to work from themā€¦which I can then use to work with Rachio sprinkler system I have that I see is going to be released as an official integration soon.

StevePetersen7: there is an app you can install that will work with the Wifi Honeywell in basic fashion. I have been using for a long term. Search the forums and youā€™ll find the instructions.

1. August Smartlockā€¦ this obviously wonā€™t be possible until SmartThings hub supports bluetooth.
  2. Nest. While this can be done programmatically using Oauth API, it would be good to have this as a native capability.
  3. Chamberlain MyQ. Likely same observation as above but not sure if there is a published API.
2 Likes

If you uninstall the app or want to start a new integration, it will not work under IOS. I was just informed that it works in Android but not IOS by support. The first CSR I talked to did not know this. I donā€™t have any physical Android devices, so I spun up an Android emulator on my PC, installed the ST app and was able to reconnect to Netatmo. When I relogin on IOS it continues to work.

The CSR told me that this issue and the additional modules are working in the newly submitted device. I was not able to nail them down on an ETA. I also have the rain gauge, but I can not say for sure whether or not this is part if the new integration.

Dlink ip cameras operate through a dlink cloud so smartthings should be able to provide a similar link as dropcam

How about wemo light switches and plug switches. Cant get mine to work with smartthings even though web site says it is compatible

I can,t get iphones to work on smartthings, only my Samsung android phones

The Train Comfort Link II 950 WIFI
This is a Cadillac of T-Statsā€¦ I have 2 that I purchased with my new units up and down stairs. I currently can check in on the house and adjust the temp but I have to use the Nexia app. It does not require me to have the Nexia bridge. Its straight WIFI. I would like to have every thing under 1 app (ST)

1 Like

I would love to see a ceiling mounted occupancy/vacancy light sensor that uses both PIR and UltraSonic sensors. Presently it is extremely cumbersome to try to rig up a system that will turn on the lights in a given area, but only when they are needed (i.e. not in the middle of the day), when someone enters the room - and turn them off again when they leave. Most of the motion sensors available are intended to mounted on a wall which can lead to less than desirable outcomes when motion is detected through a doorway or in another part of a house with an open floor plan. In addition I havenā€™t found any that also incorporate a light sensor.

2 Likes

OK, Iā€™ll throw in my 10c worth.
Iā€™m using ST to turn my hot water on and off as required with a load controller.
Since you already have some Leviton devices.
How about a 73A00-3ZB load control. Its basically a switch but there are manufacturer specific commands that allow other helpful things. I canā€™t get the data out of them and it would be nice to measure current etc.

The load control is great for turning on/off large loads.

how about ecobee3 new thermostat is there any plan in the works for that?

1 Like

@nucman, see this thread for ecobee3:

Someone somewhere had the same idea as I did

1 Like