Door Locks Fully Supported by ST's

Unless I’m doing something wrong this doesn’t appear to work for the new Kwikset 914. I see the usercodechange command being sent to the lock by the SmartApp but the codes never work. Is there anything else I should be looking at?

@coryds Thanks for the code snippet, that helped for me too

@bigpunk6, I’m seeing some inconsistent behavior so I thought I’d throw this out here.

I entered a usercode for user 10 and it didn’t work right away. I eventually gave up until a few days later when I noticed the app was displaying the code I entered in one of the tiles. I tried the code on the keypad and it worked. Now, I am trying to program a usercode for user 11, but the code simply won’t work no matter how long I wait.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, I am unable to delete the code for user 10. Any ideas?

Lock: Kwikset 910

Update: I finally gave up and tried just changing the code for user 10. It didn’t work right away. The crazy thing is, it didn’t take effect until 3-4 days later.

What could possibly cause these types of updates to not take effect for days? Anyone?

Here are the relevant log entries:

Date Source Type Name Value Displayed Text Changed
7 May 2014 14:04:06 DEVICE usercode xxxxxx Front Door Lock usercode is xxxxxx true
7 May 2014 14:04:02 DEVICE lock unknown New User: 10 added to Front Door Lock true
7 May 2014 14:04:02 DEVICE Front Door Lock is now active false
7 May 2014 14:03:58 COMMAND usercodechange usercodechange(10, xxxxxx, 1) command was sent to Front Door Lock true
7 May 2014 14:03:58 APP_COMMAND usercodechange Temp Lock Code sent usercodechange command to Front Door Lock

Remember, these actions were taken 3-4 days ago.

Ok so I think I installed the smartapp and custom device type properly. However I have a question about usability.

It seams I would add a new instance of the smart app for every code I want to set, is that correct? I’m assuming that is how this works. Lets say I did the following:

1. Add smartapp with the following settings:
    Lock: Front Door Lock (This is the custom device type)
    User: 1
    Code: 1234
    Assign a name: UserA

2. Click on the smartapp just added, I see that in the events list a series of actions looking like the user was added and code was set to 1234

3. Go to “Things” click on the lock settings and I see that the code tile says “1234”

4. Then I Add second smartapp with the following settings:
    Lock: Front Door Lock (This is the custom device type)
    User: 2
    Code: 5678
    Assign a name: UserB

5. Click on the smartapp just added, I see that in the events list a series of actions looking like the user was added and code was set to 5678

6. Go to “Things” click on the lock settings and I see that the code tile now says “5678”

So the question I have is were both users added meaning both codes are set and can be used at the same time or is only 5678 UserB the working code, and if I want the 1234 UserA code I have to click on the smartapp to change the code back?

I asked because it seems that only the code listed on the tile seemed to be working.

Also the there is a tile left of the tile with the lock code that just has “–” is that supposed to be battery status?

@huydnguyen No, you just open up the same app and modify it to your purpose each time you need to make a change. Unless of course you want to install multiple apps so you have a “log” of what code is setup to what user.

Any update on this, I know its been on the roadmap for 9 months at least, would really be nice to have this functionality like your competitors.

Hopefully we can get this before the buyout is official, I have a feeling once purchased it may stall any updates for awhile.

Hi - did you ever get this working with the 914? I have it working with the 914, but only for users 3-30. I defined user’s 1 and 2 locally on the lock, and if I try to change the password, it won’t let me. I even tried to delete user 2 and re-add it via the app and it’s not working. I can only make modifications to user 1 and 2 locally. I made sure to disable a master code to make sure that wasn’t the problem, but that didn’t fix it.

Perhaps this is by design?

Anyone know if the Yale Zigbee lock is compatible with Smartthings?

How did you get it working with the 914? The app is showing up for me on my iPhone and when I run the sim, it only shows a virtual lock, not my real one. Thanks

You have to add a custom device type (code is referenced above) and then add a custom smart app. Did you do both? My research is pointing to the fact the first 2 user codes stay local on the lock and cannot be controlled through zwave, so I believe it’s fully working on the 914 now.

yes, I did both, but my lock doesn’t show up in the web gui sim, and the app doesn’t show up on my iPhone. And I’ve done other apps and devices and they work fine.

Sounds like you might not have published the app and device type?

Did that too. Who knows.

Got it working. Was using the wrong code without the capabilities. My bad. Thanks for the effort.

R

I noticed that there’s now a device capability called “Lock Codes.” I can’t find any documentation on if this will help with Kwikset locks. Should I ignore this?

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for making this available!

ZigBee locks are not yet compatible; there are firmware changes required.

Bummer, guess I will have to wait to remove it from my Control4 system :smile: