[OBSOLETE] ZWN-SC7 Enerwave 7 Button Scene Controller

@SirAce135 Alright, so I did some testing tonight. Here are my observations:

1. SmartThings latency is extremely high. The time between button press, to device handler, to event, to SmartApp, and then back down to devices is way above what it should (used to) be. This is most likely the cause of the problem you are seeing.
  2. I had a very difficult time getting duplicate presses. 1 in 50 I would say. It used to be a lot higher for me with the same Scene controller. I’m not sure why this is different now.
  3. On the double button presses that I did witness, the time between when the SmartApp received the events was extremely high. One was 6 seconds and one was 7 seconds. This is ultimately caused by observation number 1. Debounce was set to 3 seconds, so the app obviously missed these. I had one duplicate that was spaced out by 2 seconds and the debounce caught it.
  4. I simulated double button presses by pressing the same button twice in a row at different speeds. All of the events that were processed in the debounce time limit got caught. This seems to be working.

So, my conclusion is observation 1. You can try turning debounce up way high or hope that SmartThings can do something with the latency on their end. Or, we could really try to get this SmartApp and Device Handler to run locally. That would really help this device out.

If you want something more reliable that looks good on a wall you can get a Remotec button controller:

3 Likes