Zwave Outage? (13 September 2018)

Anything that is ‘locally’ processed (probably through Smart Lighting) was still working. Ironically, now that they have said it is fixed, one of my Smart Lighting things isn’t detecting that I am in Home mode.

Same issue for me. I called ST support last night and they had me pull a battery and leave unplugged for 30 seconds. He then did a Z-wave repair and I was back in business, but this morning I had the same problem. I repeated the process and although devices came back, 30-60 minutes later same problem. Some devices show unavailable and the others are non-responsive. For me it’s both ZigBee and Z-wave devices.

Be sure we all open tickets…that will get the dev’s attention.

1 Like

Same here. Always had issues with ZigBee, but it’s the first time have any issue with Zwave. Hard reboot only works for a while, then went back to the status of cannot control anything.

It’s still not fixed even though they claim that it is.

I opened a ticket, but I’m honestly not expecting any individual fix other than generic suggestions to reboot the hub.

Everything seems back on track today

My V2 Hub went offline about 6 hours ago and hasn’t come back online yet. I can ping the IP address from the LAN, I can’t get to it just yet to unplug it and the batteries. I have a Smartthings USB stick on my Nvidia Shield that is working though.

Finally, the ST status page is showing an issue.

The status page:
https://status.smartthings.com/incidents/1tf67dgjw81x

Took out only 3 of my switches, a lock, and my garage door controller.

Reboot and repair reporting failures.

I unplugged my v2 hub, removed batteries, waited a few minutes, added batteries and plugged it back in…over an hour ago… everything worked and is still working.

GD00Z-4 still offline. Zwave Mesh repair returns fail on repair of Garage [5] so looks like this device is never coming back.
Schlage Lock wasn’t working so I ran a remove exclusion on it. Now it refuses to include back in, SmartThings doesn’t see it. Tried extra exclusion, no joy.

Are any others still having issues?

Processing was super slow today even after rebooting hub. I noticed 4 or 5 z-wave switches/outlets unresponsive yesterday and today. Tried turning off power to them and cold booting hub. Seems better, but usually when this happens (every 6 to 9 months) I end up eventually having to remove and re-add the devices to keep the network healthy.

Also tonight a first gen Zigbee Smartsense Motion sensor with 58% battery remaining completely stopped reporting. Replaced batteries and seems to be responsive.

Have you tried running a zwave repair?
Classic App->Hamburger Menu->Select “Hub is Online”->Z-Wave Utilitiies->Repair Z-Wave Network

Not working to solve my issues but might help yours if you find they repair over time.

I lost all my Z-wave devices last night 9-24-18 7pm CT. I rebooted the hub and repaired Z-wave. hub is online but all devices are unavailable.

Any ideas?

happen to me. Twice.
it said “z-wave module failure”
replaced the HUB. rebuild everything. TWICE :disappointed_relieved:

Replace the hub!
Is there any backup and restore?

NO! :sweat::sob:

Mine does not say z-wave module failure?

where does this message occur?