Zwave fan & light control

Hello community.
Can someone tell me why there is no Z wave single gang ceiling fan and light control why does this have to be so complicated that I have to buy two controllers and have one up in the canopy of the fan I do not want to put anything up in the canopy there should be a single gang switch that allows you to control your fan speeds and dimming of the lights in the fan does anybody know if this exists without all this jimmy rigging i see on here.
And I do mean a single gang with 3 wires
one for fan and one for the light.

My guess is it wouldn’t be a very big seller. Most people who have separate fan light control have it as separate switches. At least in US, You don’t say where your at so that may not be true for your country.

I have seen some mechanical dual switchs for a single gang box, but not a fan switch combo. Although I haven’t really looked either.

The simple answer is that until very recently, the zwave radio controls were too big to fit. Same reason why there was no combination motion sensor and light switch.

There are some options now, though. :sunglasses: See the FAQ (the topic title is a clickable Link). Although the thread title mentions Alexa, the solutions are the same whether you use a voice assistant or not.)

If you don’t want to put anything in the canopy and your fan already has a remote, you may be able to use option 4.

Or if you don’t have a remote but you can use smart bulbs in the fan, see Option 3.

So it all comes down to the details of the fan, but there are some possibilities.

The vast majority of ceiling fans aren’t wired that way. There’s a single source of electricity, almost always connected to a wall switch that sends power up to the canopy where it’s separated into the fan speed control and the light circuit. (That’s also why most ceiling fans have two pull switches, one for fan speed and one for lights. They come in after the load line is split.)
Some manufacturers are recognizing that people want wall-mounted control of both, especially when the fan may be up some distance on a high ceiling. They’re doing two things: 1) providing a wall mount that holds a remote control or 2) splitting the wiring at the switch and providing the control down there. In the former case, you’re back to where most people go with a canopy-based set of smart controllers. In the later case, you can relatively easily replace the provided controls with smart controls, but you might have to expand the box to allow two full-sized controls. If that last bit is the case, unless you’re really electrically savvy and living in a location that allows Do-It-Yourself electrical work, you’ll need an electrician to do it right. (They can also sign paperwork that says everything is up to local code, which is important when selling the house at least).
Also, it’s a good idea to look through the Wiki to see if some aspects of your project have already been addressed. For instance, https://community.smartthings.com/t/automating-fan-control-dont-use-a-light-dimmer/18332

I am located in the US and all of many ceiling fans have both separated pulls and separated switches (in a single gang).

Based on the number of threads we have seen on this topic, I don’t think this is as uncommon as you may think, Especially in newer construction.

There’s the key element.