Zwave devices showing only “Unknown action” in scenes/automations

This issue was expected to be resolved by the most recent iOS release that occurred on 4/22/2021. We’ve received mostly positive feedback about the changes, but there does seem to be some holdover issues.

I had never had this issue impact my Location and did briefly after updating. I found that the following resolved it:

1. Actuating/Opening/Closing/On/Off/Etc. of the device missing. I was missing an Aeotec Keyfob device, and right after I clicked one of the Buttons, it re-appeared.
  2. Force closing the App.
  3. Logging out and back in (I was forced out for some reason and logged back in).
  4. If these devices utilize a custom DTH, try switching to a stock DTH temporarily and then back.

The root cause of this is that the devices are missing “Presentation” values. Previously, the iOS App would skip them due to this. Now, it tries to locate a default “Presentation” value for the device based on Device ID which mimics what the Android App does.

Hopefully this helps, if not please PM me your Ticket ID so I can get the relevant information from there and pass it along for further review.

1 Like

I have had a ticket open for a while now and am still having the same issues. In automations and scenes, everything shows as unknown. And is slows to a crawl and eventually just errors out if you go into any scene to try and edit it. My ticket is # 1194991. Would you mind taking a look Garrett?

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I took a look at that ticket, and it seems like you are experiencing something else that was either already fixed automatically or fixed just now by me. There was also an incident yesterday around the time of your screenshots that may have also impacted you further in this regard.

Could you check again and let me know your results?

It’s all working again! Thank you if it was you! :hugs:

2 Likes