Identifying Zooz ZSE40 and Monoprice Multi-sensors

I would appreciate help identifying the manufacturers of the multi-sensors in my home setup. If you own either a Zooz ZSE40 or Monoprice z-wave multi-sensor, I would appreciate it if you would let me know which device you have and whether the Data area shown in the My Devices area for that device in the SmartThings IDE starts with “MSR: 0109” OR “MSR: 027A.”

Long story short, I added four Monoprice and four Zooz devices devices to my home setup. All of them defaulted to a Zooz device handler. As these two devices are physically identical both inside and out once the back cover’s been removed, I can’t figure out which of the sensors are Monoprice (using the wrong handlers) and which are Zooz. I noticed that the Data and Raw Description areas of the devices have some differences, hence the above question.

Thanks for the help.

@TheSmartestHouse

I am seeing 027A on my zooz sensors and 0109 for monoprice sensors.

1 Like

027A is definitely Zooz. Let us know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Thank you!

Is there a difference in the functionality for the Monoprice vs Zooz ones? I am looking to pick a few up.

They both report motion, humidity, temperature, and light but there are a few substantial hardware and software differences. The Zooz sensor uses a CR123A battery (vs 2 x AAA batteries on the Monoprice) which extends battery life by half at least for this device. Motion detection was also optimized on the Zooz sensor so reaction time is quicker than for the Monoprice (watch a good comparison video between a few Z-Wave motion sensors here). And finally, the Zooz sensor is officially certified with SmartThings which means it will work out of the box without a custom handler which is needed for the Monoprice sensor and can run locally vs in the cloud (which is the case for any device running off of a custom handler).

Good luck with the project!

Thanks for the info!!