[OBSOLETE] ZOOZ ZSE40 4-in-1 Sensor Device Handler

I had hoped to use this sensor in my dog’s food bin to know whether she had been fed breakfast and dinner. The food bin is normally pitch black (the food bowl covers the opening, when opening the bin it’ll become light. However, if I understand the comments above, it only checks light every 2-3 minutes, so if the bowl gets removed and replaced in between checks (likely, since it only takes 20 seconds or so to scoop the food) it won’t trigger that the light level had changed. Is this correct? I’m OK if it’ll take 2-3 minutes to report that the light level had changed, but if the change in light level won’t be detected then that won’t work for me (in which case I can try motion, but I think light would be more definitive).

Have you considered attaching a tilt sensor to your the bin lid? That way you know when it’s been opened.

Yes that’s the only issue with these, the battery life is poor, after about 5 weeks I’m on 10% with Energizers. I’m thinking of doing a mod with a lithium 14500 or maybe a 10440 to try to get better life before needing a charge

What’s the latest update that I can push as an handler for this sensor?
Can I use this on the Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Multi Sensor, Temperature - Humidity - Light as well?

I have the same exact issue. Stuck on 1% even after new battery replacement and paper clip reset.

Have you figured it out?

I should add I am now 3k miles away from the sensor and won’t be back for some time.

Still at 1% after a battery change. Other than that it still works and does it’s job. Just an annoyance.

Has anybody figured this problem out. My zooz 4-in-1 stays at 1% battery even if I change the batteries. And now it isn’t always detecting motion.

Are you using regular alkaline batteries or rechargeables? It can take a day or two to update the battery level. Try waking the sensor up by clicking the Z-Wave button with a paperclip once, this could speed the update up.

Switch to Aeon Labs Gen 5 Multi 6 DTH in IDE, runs local and battery reports correctly.

I see Aeon Gen 5 Multi is that the same thing? Because I tried this one and I can’t configure it. there is just a bunch of numbers with no setting info.

I am using alkaline. I changed the DH to the Aeon Multi Sensor but it still wasn’t registering battery so I went back to krlaframboise one. But now it isn’t registering any motion and it hasn’t updated since this morning. I have tried the paperclip once. I have tried resetting with paperclip 10 times quick and I have taken the batteries out and put them back in. These are fresh batteries also. Not updating any activities although it seems to have the right Light and humidity. Any ideas?

If you used the paperclip quickly 10 times you factory reset it which disconnects it from SmartThings so you’ll have to use the force option to remove it and join it again.

I put it back to the Aeon Multi 6 DH and paperclipped it once. Seemed to wake it up and it came on line. It was detecting motion, temp, humidity, light. Doesn’t seem to be anything for Battery. Which means I am not getting the 1% message anymore:smirk:. However, when I go into the configure button I see a lot of just numbers with no explanation. I have attached a picture. This was also happening with the krlaframboiose DH. Any idea how to fix this?

Hey everyone-

I’ve tried a couple of different DH’s with this sensor and my issue is that the sensor is not updating. I set it up in my office where the temperature is definitely warmer (at least 12 degrees) than my wine cellar where the sensor now resides. It’s been overnight and still no update. Any tips? I’m fairly new to DH’s and ST in general.

Thanks!
Shane

Hi Shane, would you mind getting in touch with our support so they can try out a few troubleshooting steps?

3 Likes

Since updating to the latest Android version of Smarthings today (2/18/19), clicking on the sensor to see the current info causes Smartthings to shut down. It still shows all of the settings in the Classic app. Anyone else experiencing this?

If a device has humidity or illuminance values with decimal places the new mobile app will completely crash when you open that device’s details page in the new mobile app.

I just posted a new version of my DTH that rounds those values.

1 Like

Thanks. Works perfect.

I have a firmware hex file that just reads smart socket v1.03.

Can’t find email that said what device it was for.

Any ideas? It is zooz.