[OBSOLETE] ZOOZ ZSE40 4-in-1 Sensor Device Handler

Everything works on the sensor except motion. Is this caused by the updated device? Here’s the log when it senses motion.

eaaf2740-f159-4767-af16-8e73150331f1 10:57:35 AM: debug Unhandled command: zw device: 18, command: 9881, payload: 00 71 05 07 FF 00 FF 07 08 00 00
eaaf2740-f159-4767-af16-8e73150331f1 10:57:35 AM: debug NotificationReport NotificationReport(event: 8, eventParameter: [], eventParametersLength: 0, notificationStatus: 255, notificationType: 7, reserved61: 0, sequence: false, v1AlarmLevel: 255, v1AlarmType: 7, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0)
eaaf2740-f159-4767-af16-8e73150331f1 10:57:35 AM: debug raw: zw device: 18, command: 9881, payload: 00 71 05 07 FF 00 FF 07 08 00 00
eaaf2740-f159-4767-af16-8e73150331f1 10:57:35 AM: debug Unhandled command: zw device: 18, command: 9881, payload: 00 20 01 FF
eaaf2740-f159-4767-af16-8e73150331f1 10:57:35 AM: debug BasicSet BasicSet(value: 255)
eaaf2740-f159-4767-af16-8e73150331f1 10:57:35 AM: debug raw: zw device: 18, command: 9881, payload: 00 20 01 FF

There are 2 events reported by Zooz when it detects motion, both appear in your log messages. The “BasicSet” should have triggered the motion sensor code.

I might have a bug in the handler that wont handle some corner cases, can you find this function

def handleMotion(boolean motion) {
	def evt = []

if(motion && state.motion == "inactive") {
        state.motion = "active"
        state.motionText = "Motion"
        evt += updateDisplay("motion")
        evt += createEvent([name:"motion", value: "active"])
    } else if (!motion && state.motion == "active") {
        state.motion = "inactive"
        state.motionText = "No Motion"
        evt += createEvent([name:"motion", value: "inactive"])
    }
    return evt
}	

and replace it with this (just 2 lines have changed)

def handleMotion(boolean motion) {
	def evt = []

if(motion && state.motion != "active") {
        state.motion = "active"
        state.motionText = "Motion"
        evt += createEvent([name:"motion", value: "active"])
    } else if (!motion && state.motion != "inactive") {
        state.motion = "inactive"
        state.motionText = "No Motion"
        evt += createEvent([name:"motion", value: "inactive"])
    }
    return evt
}	

Let me know if this helps, if not then I’m getting a sample of the new Zooz this coming week and I’ll update the handler code as soon as it arrives.

I’ve updated the device handler (in the first post of the thread) to include a fix for motion and support for a new version of the Zooz device.

1 Like

Just to follow up, I’ve updated the device handler to work the the latest Zooz sample I received from @TheSmartestHouse

2 Likes

Hello, I am new to ST and I have recently installed this Zooz 4 in 1 Device handler. Everything is working just as I had hoped with the exception of accessing the Batter life % tile. The tile, on my android ST app, shows up blank (well has two dashes on the tile). Previously to installing this Device Handler I had access to Batter life. I attempted to remove the batteries and even redid the exclusion process. Still no Battery info. Any suggestions for a fix?

Edit:
Never mind it seems to have resolved itself. After an hour or so it showed up.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the light sensitivity measurements can be adjusted. I wanted to use this to is in my window and look outside and adjust lights based on the brightness of the light outside. However even on an overcast day its still reading 100% light. Any help would work.

Thanks.

I don’t know of a way to adjust this. You could try putting something semi transparent over the “eye” this will reduce the overall sensitivity of the sensor which might make telling the difference between brighter levels better at the expense of not having as much resolution as lower light levels.

Good idea. I’ll try that.

Thanks for the idea

I found the motion sensing to be painfully slow and sometimes non existent too, using several community created device handlers. Have you been able to speed it up in your app?

There are other device handlers for this that allow you to change sensitivity. They’re easy to find.

The light sensitivity setting determines how much the light level needs to change before the device reports it, but it doesn’t effect what the device is capable of detecting.

This light sensor reports in % of ambient light and reaches 100% somewhere between 45 lux and 70 lux. Most light sensors can detect at least 20,000 lux so all you’ll be able to do with this one is determine whether or not a light is needed.

gtgrieco didn’t say he wanted to measure the lux he just said he wanted to adjust the lights based on the brightness so what I recommended should be fine.

The problem the user is having is that the device is reporting 100% on an overcast day. The device doesn’t have any configuration options for changing the sensitivity of the sensor so there are no other device handlers that can solve that problem.

The light sensitivity setting you may have seen in other handlers is strictly for the reporting frequency and won’t adjust how much light the sensor can detect.

Making a physical change to the device, like skyjunky suggested, is the only solution to the problem that was posted.

I’ve found the light sensor in this multi…useless.

1 Like

Ditto
+1

Returning the 5 i purchased from Monoprice

1 Like

Monoprice sensor’s battery level is stuck at 1% since I changed the batteries. Clicking the pinhole button doesn’t fix it.
How do I force an update on battery level?

Are you using rechargeable batteries?

No, regular duracell

Using the paperclip to push the recessed button on the bottom is supposed to wake it up, but it doesn’t always so you may have to do it multiple times.

Saving the settings screen and then forcing the device to wakeup might work, but if not you could always try one of the other DTHs because I think there are at least 3 available on the forum.

Doesn’t seem to work.
My Zooz sensor has been on 1% battery for something like 3 months but it still appears to working fine.
I am on standard AAA battery.