Zooz ZAC03 Water Valve Help

Hi @dstratton,

Are you using the same account for the new hub? If so, all the DTH’s and SmartApps you have should still be there in the IDE when you log on. It’s been ages since I’ve had to replace a hub, but I think what I just said is true.

Unfortunately I cleaned up a lot of my GitHub stuff a few years ago, especially as DTH’s were now being created and published by the manufacturer’s developer (or other 3rd party), or ST got theirs created; not to mention changes coming with the new v3 app.

What issue are you trying to resolve that the stock handler won’t do?

John,

I am switching from my V2 hub to the V3 hub at the recommendation of Smartthings Tech Support. I bought a Zooz Z-Wave water valve years ago and my Smartthings app just thought it was a switch instead of a valve. I used your guidance and I believe some code from a Fortrezz valve and it worked perfectly. I am getting ready to switch hubs and just wanted to make sure that I have everything ready for the switch. When I click on my valve on my current V2 hub, I can only see " Controller version (1.7.39-210) and then a Open source licenses link which just takes me to a Open Source Announcement.

I don’t see the DTH’s anywhere?

I guess the big question is: When I clear out my old V2 hub and start fresh with V3 hub and start adding back in all of my devices, will the Zooz water valve function as a valve or will my Smartthings app think that it is a switch?

I do appreciate all of your help.
Thank you,
Dave

Correct, but DTH’s are only seen/changed/created in the IDE, not the mobile app.

Technically you should be if you register your new hub with the same email account you’re using now. The IDE will show that you have 2 hubs, and you should stop seeing this banner message in the IDE when going to My Hubs:

You list of apps and DTH should also still be there, which means after you add your valve to your new hub all you need to do is change the Type field to your custom DTH.

I bet it finds it as a switch at first, like it did before. I say that because I don’s see the Zooz device’s “fingerprint” being recognized in the stock ST DTH for a zwave water valve. I see others, like Dome, but not Zooz.

Even though it’s recognized as a switch at first, it should be as simple as going to the IDE and editing the device to change Type from switch to zwave water valve, or you custom DTH.

BUT, since it has been a while for you and you’re going to a new hub, I’d join it to ST and try using their stock zwave water valve device type before going back to your own version.

2 Likes

John,

Great information. Now I just need to make the plunge; I think that I will switch everything this weekend.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you again for all of your help,
Dave

1 Like