This device handler let you to create multiple zmote button in SmartThings on the fly, without hardcoding the IR Command to be send to the zmote in device handler.
To start, you need to install the Device Handler and SmartApp:
1. Device Handler for zmote
2. Smart App for creating zmote button
How to get the command to be send to zmote and configure in SmartThings
- Goto your zmote app (app.zmote.io) using Chrome browser
- Assuming you have configured your zmote, goto the remote screen (#2 in the image below)
- On Mac, press “Command + Alt + I” to open Chrome developer tool. On Windows, press F12.
- Click on Network | XHR | (#1 in the image below)
- Press the zmote app button now, this will send a command to zmote. The action will also be log and show in the Chrome developer tool.
- You will see new items displayed on the “Name” list , click on it and you can see the “Request Payload”. (#5 in the image below)
- Take note of the UUID (#3 in the image below) & IP address (#4 in the image below), as well as the Request Payload (started with “sendir,1:1,…") (#5 in the image below)
- Configure in SmartThings.
Note: if encounter error while setting up the Payload info in SmartThings app (some command are extreme long), break it into 2 part and paste the 2nd part of the command to the “Command to be send 2” in the device setup page.
Sample screen on Chrome browser showing how to get the UUID for zmote and the IR command
Sample screens on the SmartThings button