Zipato RGBW bulb

Hi there any luck with this?
Brand new to ST and have this bulb working on a Vera. Moving everything to ST as more options
Thx

Well, the code from drandyhaas didnā€™t work for some reason. Iā€™m not sure why, but I tried the code from here: https://github.com/twack/smartthings-devices/blob/master/fibaro-rgbw-controller.groovy
and changed the fingerprint to: fingerprint inClusters: ā€œ0x26ā€ from drandyhaas code. Probably not a good solution, but it actually works pretty good now. I only use it with one color though.

Also, sometimes (maybe once every two weeks) when I turn it on, the color is green. After a quick off/on, the color is back to the one I previously set it to.

To sum it up. It works fine for me, but I wouldnā€™t buy any more bulbs until itā€™s officially supported.

I have since bought a few Hue bulbs, which works beautifully. Thatā€™s the great thing with SmartThings. You can have a mix of ZigBee/Z-Wave devices.

Oh, and welcome to the community! :smile:

Hello,
Can you use the hue bulbs without the hue hub?

Hey guys I know this is an ancient thread but it ended on a bad note. I have the Zipato bulb from @TheSmartestHouse and it pairs right up to SmartThings no problem. It pairs as an RGBW Bulb and all the controls work just great! I didnā€™t see it in the supported list so I was skeptical (figured I would need to write a device type for it) but it just worked. Pretty sweet little bulb and the same size as any other regular bulb. The Aeon bulb is nice as well, I think the colors are a little richer but itā€™s subjective, but the Aeon is a decent bit larger and I had a little trouble getting it into this paper globe I haveā€¦ Itā€™s not like crazy bigger but. Iā€™m going to be doing a review on both side by side soon and you can see. Wish we could post pics here without linkingā€¦

Robert your Zipato bulb synced up and you can turn it on and off? Mine sync and i can turn them on and off but the SmartThings app never shows a status change. They continuously indicate on .

Anything you did to get them to work? They synced as AEON bulbs

Try the generic RGBW handler.

50% got one of two to work. one of them seems to have a range issue possibly and issue with the bulb as all seems to work if iā€™m within 30ā€™ of my hub

thanks for the help

Zwave is weird. I wish there was a visual way to see how the mesh was built. Sometimes depends on who is talking to whoā€¦ youā€™d think it would just take the best routeā€¦ I think it does over time, but Iā€™ve had all kinds of issues after pairing and putting something where it will eventually go. It seems ā€œexercisingā€ it helpsā€¦ turning it on and off or waking it up multiple times or whateverā€¦ it gets the word out to the other devices where it is and establishes the route. I think anywayā€¦ Also have found most published ranges to be BSā€¦