Zipato PH-PAT02 3-in-1 Z-Wave Multi-Sensor Device Handler help or request? (DTH in post 10)

Hi Andy,

Still seeing the same thing here with no indication from ST when sensor gets wet.

Watching the ST log, the device does send data when it gets wet. In the log I notice these lines:

17fa3bad-d89f-47cb-8197-d2644c7a5ff2 1:44:24 PM: debug encapsulated: NotificationReport(event: 0, eventParameter: [], eventParametersLength: 0, notificationStatus: 255, notificationType: 5, reserved61: 0, sequence: false, v1AlarmLevel: 0, v1AlarmType: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0)

17fa3bad-d89f-47cb-8197-d2644c7a5ff2 1:44:17 PM: debug Parsed 'zw device: 35, command: 9881, payload: 00 71 05 00 00 00 FF 05 02 00 ā€™ to [[name:notification5, value:2, descriptionText:Notification 5: event 2, displayed:false, isStateChange:true, linkText:Zipato 3-in-1 Z-Wave Multi-Sensor]]

I think they are related to the water alarm, and the log is generated when the device gets wet. Iā€™m just not sure yet why ST is not reporting the alarm.

I have tried removing the battery on the device. Un-pairing and re-pairing. As well as logging out and restarting my ST app. So far the behavior is the same.

Testing with the DH plus motion driver, ST always shows ā€œMotionā€ for me whether the sensor is wet or dry.

Right now Iā€™m comparing the logs with the driver to see if thereā€™s something I can glean.

Hi,

Sorry Iā€™ve not been looking at this for a couple of days due to a real water leak, which without sensors in the walls and ceilings was discovered the old fashioned way, water running down the walls. Anyway all sorted now.

My sensor is still working without issue, I havenā€™t tested it for at least 3 days until just now and it worked straight off triggering all the relevant notifications in ST/SHM.

I havenā€™t changed the DTH from the one posted in post 10 so I am at a loss as to why yours is not working. A couple of questions though, and apologies if you have already stated this, are you on IOS or Android and does your sensor bleep when triggered?

This is my logging when triggered;

19:34:38: debug Parsed 'zw device: 0B, command: 9881, payload: 00 30 03 FF 06 ' to [[name:water, value:wet, descriptionText:Kitchen Flood Sensor is wet, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Kitchen Flood Sensor]]
19:34:38: debug sensorValueEvent(255) : active
19:34:38: debug encapsulated: SensorBinaryReport(sensorType: 6, sensorValue: 255)

This is for returning to dry;

19:34:41: debug Parsed 'zw device: 0B, command: 9881, payload: 00 30 03 00 06 ' to [[name:water, value:dry, descriptionText:Kitchen Flood Sensor is dry, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Kitchen Flood Sensor]]
19:34:41: debug sensorValueEvent(0) : inactive
19:34:41: debug encapsulated: SensorBinaryReport(sensorType: 6, sensorValue: 0)

Also just to be sure, I have reposted my current DTH in post 10 above just in case.

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply!

Iā€™m on Android here and the sensor does beep when triggered.

I appreciate you updating the code you posted. I updated here as well.

Still seeing the same behaviour though. I get humidity and temperature, and beeps, when the sensor is wet. But the sensor still reports on the screen as Dry.

I rebooted the hub, removed the sensor battery, logged out, restarted the app, made some tea; same result.

I also tried adding the sensor to the SHM Leaks routine to see if it would trigger on wet. Not yet.

Thanks for posting your logs as well. SensorBinaryReport and sensorValueEvent arenā€™t showing up in my log. Neither are any instances of ā€œwetā€, or ā€œactiveā€.

The only instance of ā€œ255ā€ I get is in this line:
3:53:18 PM: debug encapsulated: NotificationReport(event: 0, eventParameter: [], eventParametersLength: 0, notificationStatus: 255, notificationType: 5, reserved61: 0, sequence: false, v1AlarmLevel: 0, v1AlarmType: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0)

Iā€™m looking through the driver to see if thereā€™s anything that jumps out at me. But I havenā€™t quite cracked it yet.

Well in that case the only difference is Iā€™m on iOS, itā€™s possible that youā€™ve got a different hardware version maybe.

1 Like

Just tried it on an old Android tablet I use to run RM Bridge and although it doesnā€™t display properly (it is a very old Android version), it does work.

1 Like

Appreciate all your help so far!

Iā€™ve tried a few different resets and reboots now. Unpaired and re-paired. I know that sometimes these things can help.

Iā€™m running a v1 hub here. Out of curiosity, is your hub a v1 or a v2?

Actually that could explain the differences in results, Iā€™m on a V2 hub.

Interesting. Thanks for that too, it helps. :smile:

Iā€™m not sure yet whether the v1 hub I have is the version with ZWave Plus or not. Itā€™s possible it does not, and from what Iā€™m reading this may account for some difficulties, particularly secure status updates and partial operation of devices similar to what I am seeing.

Tested on v2 hub here and unfortunately seeing the exact same thing I was on the v1.

The claimed battery life on these sensors makes them very interesting. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to crack this driver issue with the ā€œflood onlyā€ version of this sensor.

Hi. I got the Philio tech PAT02-b which only has the temp and humidity sensors. Is there a kind soul here who could modify this handler to work with that? Using this device handler gets weird since I now have a big window with a nonexistent water sensor and the humidity sensor wonā€™t give me a reading so right now itā€™s just a thermometerā€¦

I recently got one of these sensors and am using it to learn the SmartThings programming model. If anyone is interested, I took @AndyWakā€™s version from post 10 and put it on GitHub to facilitate development and easy addition to the ST IDE.

Please feel free to send PRs with improvements: https://github.com/kevin-david/SmartThings_kd/tree/master/devicetypes/kevin-david/zipato-3-in-1-zwave-multi-sensor.src