Zigbee/zwave Thermostat and weather station (hardware or software?) (EU)

Hi guys! just want to check if there’s any good thermostat available in Europe with a good integration with ST. I currently have the Netatmo thermostat, but the fact that it’s a cloud to cloud integration makes it flaky at times… I need something more reliable… with a local integration… Any ideas? Thanks!

Have you looked at the following thread yet?

yup, I’ve seen it… Thanks @JDRoberts :slight_smile:

Not too sure if from Spain I’ll be able to get the Hive thermostat…

Hi,

I am writing a couple of drivers and should receive our new thermostat from Eurotronic Gmbh today, They are not on the market officially yet but should be ready in a week or so. If you are interested I will try get some more info.

I don’t know who will be supplying them or price point yet but will find out.
John

1 Like

Hi,

do I understand you correctly, that there will be a successor of the Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave thermostat in the near future?

Daniel, I know you’ve already seen the following thread, but I’m just adding it here for others who find this topic in the future:

1 Like

Hi,

The Spirit Z-wave trv remains but there will also be a Spirit Zigbee trv, a simple temperature device and an air quality sensor.

The new range of Genius Trv’s will not be online devices but ‘program and forget’ devices with no integration capability.

Has anyone managed to get any info on handlePostV3? I cannot get any info on how to trap or handle it and it is bugging me.

John

Great to have it all here under one topic! But just to add a little more work to this… I’m in the market for a weather station… Just not the netatmo… I’m stepping away from wifi… too unreliable!

That said, any zwave/zigbee weather stations or online solutions that can reliably predict the incoming weather and act accordingly?

Basically this summer we had a few major storms in the north of Spain that had me hurrying to close the shades and windows… I don’t want that to happen in the future! Very uncomfortable to hurry in a wheelchair, as some of you may know! Lol!

Hi Daniel,

I am biased but I genuinely like our Spirit Zwave+ and Spirit Zigbee devices. I have an issue with the integration of the smartthings skill for Alexa but otherwise it is working fine. I have no outlets in the UK at the moment but if you are stuck I am sure I can point you in the right direction.

John