Zigbee thermostat coming?

I just ordered the Fidure. I saw the 2 5 star reviews and the 2 star. Went ahead and took the plung, hope it works the way it says it will.

Thanks Alex!

I look forward to getting it next week.

These are only 1 heat 1 cool or I would get one. They say the 1 Cool 2 Heat (most heat pump systems in my area) is the 1732 model not yet available.

Just received my shipping notice, scheduled to be here tomorrow. Hope to have time to set it up tomorrow night.

I’ll post back once it has arrived

2 Likes

I just got mine in the mail. Quality looks good. Problem is I didn’t do my research before I bought it. Went to install and found out I only have a 2 wire system. Unfortunately without a C wire I’m out of luck.

Bummer. I’ve been researching like crazy and an only confirming systems that don’t work. None that do for what I want. Is the c wire power ? Guessing not as you could run that from an adaptor

This is the adaptor which can be used in the absence of C wire and has the smallest form factor. Comes with 2 wires attached. I think the wires are 20 feet and may be sort of difficult to hide.

The smaller one is from lockstate and the other one is some other brand which is huge, heavy, has a LED and no wires.

@TheNookers Could you post some pics of the thermostat?

I like the Fidure A1-730 design and display. On device controls are easy to use. Menu is easy to navigate. Pairing with ST was a snap - put ST into pairing mode, select Join Network on the A1-730 and it added to ST almost instantly.

Now for WAF approval of the backlight tonight, which I think is perfect. I don’t know how she sees ambient light while sleeping, but she does! LOL.

1 Like

I would rip it off the wall even if I were freezing.

2 Likes

@CDJ thanks for posting pics! looks great and love the temp you have it set at!

1 Like

For the price I can use the difference to hire an electrician or HVAC guy to run a C-wire lol. Looks promising. Does it have its own app for programming as well as being integrated into ST?

Same here. lol

Sorry if this is way too off-topic and/or if it’s already been discussed in your context, but…
As you may know, there are a number of projects in the works to add cheap Android/other devices to the mix by mounting them on walls around the house and running SmartTiles on them.

Then, in order to NOT have the ambient light, there are ways to get motion (or other) triggers sent to the device to turn the screen on when you want to go up to it to view what’s on it or interact with it (e.g. How To Send Sensor Triggers to Android and Have Android React - #17 by sgnihttrams).

If you did this, you could have a device there and have access to thermostat controls, AND have no ambient light to bother your lady at night.

Now, I may have completely misread that, and this may be completely irrelevant. If so, I’m sorry…please excuse my still noobishness. :smile: )

1 Like

@FidureAlex do you know how far behind y’all are on orders? I ordered one on 10/30/15. Looking forward to using your product!

@txsarge We’re catching up to the top of the queue fast. Yours should ship this week.

1 Like

Looks like there is an option to turn off the light, per Fidure Support:

Hi Chris,

Of course. You can turn the backlight off completely by turning down the ‘Brightness’ to zero (menu->settings->brightness) and turning off the backlight auto-brightness feature in the (menu->options->auto adjust brightness).

In many cases, you can turn down the brightness and leave the auto-brightness on to the point that it does not interfere with sleeping and it the screen is still readable at night. We will likely bring on backlight controls to the ST interface in the future so you could run routines as you see fit.

Regards,

David
Fidure Support Team

I hope they do add the backlight control to ST, I would use that for night modes

1 Like

@FidureAlex Thanks for the reply back!

I was able to reduce the brightness of the backlight with the steps above. Hopefully the lower level will result in higher WAF.

Since this topic started out as a general inquiry about Zigbee thermostats, I created a new topic for the Fidure A1-730, mainly so it is easier for others to find.

Can you check the status of my order? I can’t get a hold of anyone at your company.
Ordered March 3, 2016