Zigbee Pro/Philips Occuswitch Wireless integration

(Nathan) #1

So i have a cool product in my house called Occuswitch Wireless. It is a philips product. http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/connect/occuswitch/ It consists of a linkable wireless sensor that runs on a lithium battery and a wall switch or dimmer.

I am really interested in figuring out how to integrate this into my smartthings system. I will admit i am new to integrating hardware with smart things. I am not sure how to do it. I do know that it operates off of Zigbee Pro 2.4ghz. Which if i understand what i have read on the community boards the smartthings hub doesn’t natively support. I will also say that i know little about zigbee and i am eager to learn.

So…

I have looked at trying to do an arduino integration. I have an uno and smartthings shield. Also was a spark backer so i have a spark core laying around. Any suggestions or any one up to the challenge let me know.

Thanks in advance and look forward to the replies.

(Nathan) #2

An update to this is that the Occuswitch Wireless hardware uses a TI CC2531 Chip for the zigbee communication.

(Andrew Urman) #3

Have you tried pairing it? ZigBee pro is a spec and the hub currently uses ZigBee HA which is a profile on pro. Not all profiles are created equally, but there can be some overlap in-between them.

(John Rucker) #4

SmartThings supports the ZigBee Home Automation profile that is built on top of the ZigBee Pro spec. Do you have a link to a technical specs document for your Occuswitch Wireless. We need to know if it supports the Home Automation profile and if it does what clusters are supported. Once we know that I would be we can make it work.

(Nathan) #5

So an update. Turns out that it is very proprietary in their setup. I did try to ping it and nada.