Zigbee outlet for bedside lamps

I don’t currently use Hue given how much more their stuff is. These are Sengled bulbs. Unsure how to get the model number for sure, but I looked at my Amazon purchase history and I think they are ‎E11-G13W-4. I chose the Sengled for a bunch of reasons, mostly that they were inexpensive and seem to work really well (used to have some cree and link. . . ooof they were rough), but I also chose these because they are not repeaters as bulbs seemed to not do so hot with repeating.

Just had another idea though. I have 2 smart outlets in the family room so that I could use 100w equiv bulbs. At the time I put those outlets in 100w equiv smart bulbs seemed pretty rare, but seems you can get them more easily now. A good bit more expensive, but otherwise seems a decent solution to replace the 2 family room bulbs and steal the outlets to use in the bedroom.

1 Like

Hue cost more but have more features. Like power restore behaviour. :sunglasses:

But swapping for outlets seems like a good choice in your situation. Do you know the brand/model of the outlets?

Just realized I can see a model in the IDE. Funny enough it’s 2 different models of bulbs. E11-G13 and E21-N13A. I also was just able to find 2 Sengled 100w equivalent bulbs in 2700k range for like 21 bucks on Amazon so seems like a pretty good solution. In fact I might get 4 as I use a couple on the deck and would like more light there too. Look at all the problems I am solving!

I just looked at the outlets and can only see the model on 1 (1 is z-wave and the other zigbee) and one is a centralite 4257050-ZHAC, but I know neither reset to on as they were off this morning while our bedroom lights were on. :laughing:

2 Likes

Forgot to circle back to note I was wrong about the price. The ones I was looking at were some bluetooth mesh setup. The Zigbee ones were 36 for 2 so going to sit on it for a while to see if I can catch a good sale on either the bulbs or outlets. Only been a problem once so far this year so hopefully we luck out.

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo has added a Restore State if Power Lost setting to his Edge Driver for ZigBee bulbs. It works for some bulbs but not others. See the following right up:

While Ecosmart ZigBee bulbs are no longer available at Home Depot they can still be found on eBay.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately mine are Sengled so won’t work, but it’s great to see that kind of solution out there so just tagged myself to watch and follow along. I didn’t even realize this kind of thing was an option, so makes me a little less fearful of the coming shutdown.

1 Like

So I just got 2 used Jasco Zigbee outlets (ZB3102) off E-bay for 20 bucks, just just about 2 for the price of half of a new model one and so far working great. THEN I bought a Nest Wifi Router for 50 bucks less than the current sale price and about 100 less than the normal price. . . it is also working great so far. This switch controller you linked now has peaked my interest. I have never bought anything used off Ebay before. . . I think this may have started a good/bad habit!

1 Like