Zigbee KeyFob

Not yet, but they are taking pre-orders. I’ll try and find out about the sensors, etc.

I’m chiming in here with a request for support for their Door/Windows Sensor as well - SZ-DWS02…it pairs as a “Thing” but none of the Contact Sensor drivers work for it.

On the plus side, the On/Off Outlets with Power Meter that they are selling appear to work fine as a Centralite plug module.

1 Like

Well, made a little bit of progress. Sounds like Securifi will be selling the sensors on an Amazon store in a few months. The other progress I made is that they are getting their sensors from a company called Sercomm. I’m doing some googling now to try and find some documentation on both the keyfob and the motion sensor. Will let you know if I find something.

2 Likes

Well, I found one doc! Hoping this helps… http://nycecontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/NYCE-Control-ZigBee-Device-Messaging-Specification-r1.21-2013-04-24.pdf

I think this is for the keyfob…but not positive.

Let me know! I’ll keep digging.

It helps! According to the documentation the keyfob implements the IAS Zone Cluster server and IAS ACE Cluster client on Endpoint 1 this is not what I was wanting to see. I was hoping for the on/off switch cluster at an unique endpoint for each button on your keyfob that would have made it so simple!!

I have not done any work with the IAS Zone Cluster (Section 8.2 on page 350 of the ZigBee Cluster Library) and will need to bone up. I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one. Maybe one of the other hardcore ZigBee guys on this forum can run with it from here!

summoning @urman, the most hardcorest of the hardcore

1 Like

Thanks Tyler! Much appreciated. I bet he will know!

I would like to second this request. I got the sensor with my Almond +, but I much prefer the SmatThings hub for my home automation

1 Like

You can enroll a device into the IAS Zone by using:

"zcl global write 0x500 0x10 0xf0 {${zigbeeId}}", "delay 200",
"send 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 1 1", "delay 1500",

edit, I had this typed in but never clicked send!

Anyone have any luck getting the Almond devices/sensors added to SmartThings? Mine have been sitting on my desk since I bought it.

Thanks!
Jeff

Can the general public buy them yet? It is hard to write a custom device type without the device.

Not that I’m aware of yet…I was hoping that some of the others that had one might have had some luck.

Anyone managed to write a custom device type for these devices yet? JohnR, if you’re able (and willing) to write a custom driver, I gladly send you one of my Securifi motion sensors (SZ-PIR02) and door/window sensors (SZ-DWS02) as a gift.

1 Like

@raulpesch I would be happy to give it a try. Send me your eMail as a private message and I will eMail you my address. I will be happy to return them when we get them working.

But before we do all that I have a couple of questions. Why don’t you use them with your Almond gateway? I’m really curious about this as I just found out they have a new $99 version of their hub and we have been talking about porting our products over to the Almond platform.

Do you have a link to a good support forum for the Almond ZigBee gateway? The public forums I have found don’t seem to have much in the way 3rd party support or developer information.

That would be great @JohnR. I’ll send you a private message with my email. No need to return them, they’re yours if you have a use for it. I bought the Securifi sensors on eBay and would be happy if I can use the ones I keep (in total I bought 2 PIR and 3 motion sensors). The seller sold these sensors separately. I therefore don’t have an Almond router.

The sensors are recognized by SmartThings but listed as “Things” without any functionality. I like SmartThings so I would prefer to standardize on the ST platform. I don’t have good 3rd party support or developer information unfortunately. Also have no idea whatsoever how complicated it is to write a driver. If it’s a ton of work then don’t bother.

1 Like

@raulpesch Just came across this today. They have the motion sensor working. I plan on testing as soon as I get home from work.

1 Like

Did anyone ever get this to work. I found it on amazon and figured for 15$ it was worth a try.

Not that I’m aware of. Only the motion sensor from them is working.

I have managed to get the key fob working. Only 3 of the buttons actually are usable, the 4th is just for joining/resetting the connection

The code is here

https://github.com/tierneykev/SmartThings/blob/master/SecurifiKeyFob

5 Likes

Hi kevin! I want to add support to few devices in smartthings hub. Can you help me with that?