SmartThings Community

Zigbee gas detector for kitchen

dth_sensors
(Mark) #102

Sorry, I ordered one from China months ago but haven’t gotten around to setting it up so i don’t know how sensitive it is.

But in general, these explosive gas detectors (smart or dumb) go off when they detect a certain concentration. So it depends on the rate of the leak itself, and whether the detector is positioned in a spot where the gas will collect.

(Sergio Ferreira) #103

Worked fine. Thanks

1 Like
(Matt S) #104

I ordered 2 from Ali Express, they are like the amazon one that is out of stock. They set up through smart things just fine as a Z-Wave device. This is after installing the device handler. It won’t show up as a Homi Gas Detector and i can not create a rule for it as it just shows up as a Z-Wave device and I can’t add it to any rules. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

(Mark) #105

Pretty sure this device comes in both zigbee and z-wave flavors. It appears you purchased the z-wave version.

But we’ve been discussing the zigbee version in this thread, and the device handler for the zigbee version won’t work with the z-wave version.

You’ll have to either get the zigbee version, or create a new device handler to work with the z-wave version.

I purchased Heiman HS1CG Smart Combustible Gas Sensor from amazon shipping from China. The fingerprint is profileID: “0104”, deviceID: “0402”, inClusters: “0000,0003,0500,0009”, outClusters: “0003,0019”. Test buttom work fine. It changes status from Clear to Gas, then back to Clear. However, when butane set it off, it doesn’t seem to reset itself back to Clear. Any advice? Another thing, in live logging, there is “debug description: zone report :: type: 19 value: 0030”. Any reference to this zone status?

(Larry) #109

got two of the ali express ones from china… made sure to order us version… took about 4-5 weeks to get it… Had some trouble pairing, but worked when next to hub… showed up as Thing.
Change device type… worked fine… tested with propane torch (even though we have natural gas)
as others took a fairly high concentration b4 alarming, but did work , and did clear after about 2 minutes. no installed on ceiling plug in basement. works as smoke detector in dashboard and smartalarm.

shows up as follows

Data * application: 00

• endpointId: 01
  • manufacturer: Heiman
  • model: GAS_V15
    Raw Description 01 0104 0402 00 04 0000 0003 0500 0009 01 0019
(Jason) #110

Does any body know if which one or if both will work?

(Ben Erkens ) #111

Anybody using the Xiaomi/Honeywell gas detector with Smartthings?

I have the smoke detector of Xiaomi/Honeywell, but is there a device handler for the gas detector?

Grtn Ben

[Xiaomi Honeywell Mijia gas detector ](Xiaomi Mihome Honeywell Gas Alarm Remote Alert Air Exhaust Sensor https://banggood.app.link/A4SK59XOaR)

First message in the community because I never felt like creating yet another account somewhere. However, this code of yours (my first custom handler by the way that took me 1 hour to figure how to setup) did fix one of my major fears at home which is to get blown to pieces by my LPG junker working in the same room as by solar electric machinery (not advisable).

Anyway, it did the trick. Thank you very freakin much my friend!

(MacTechGenius) #113

I decided to test my Heiman sensors and only 1 out of the 3 I had reported to ST. And the other two that failed to report didn’t even show up as offline in the ST App.

I inserted a pin till the lights started flickering and re-tested and then it worked

Any idea why it wasn’t reporting?

(Augusto Geovanny Martínez Cortés) #114

Hi friend, did you figure out if that xiaomi gas detector works with st?

(Ben Erkens ) #115

No, I have not bought it yet.

Nobody else with the Xiaomi Mijia gas detector?

I’m more interested in a CO (carbon monoxide) detector to add. I had a Heiman gas detector Zwave, but that was more a jamming device, interference with all other Zwave devices, I throwed it away.

Grtn Ben

(Pedro Renato) #116

for carbon monixide I got this one.

https://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-Detector-Carbon-Monoxide/dp/B00KMHXFAI/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=First+alert+zwave&qid=1552425014&s=hi&sr=1-2-catcorr-spons&psc=1

(Ben Erkens ) #117

Thanks for the link.

Can’t find a European :eu: version of this one.
The frequency of Z-Wave used in the USA :us: different from the Netherlands :netherlands:.

Grtn Ben

(Pedro Renato) #118

If you wanna give it a try…

1 Like
(Mauro Mafra) #119

Hello everyone
I would like a little help to set up my Heiman Gas Sensor in ST environment. I try some handlers and none of then works for me, there is no information about Gas Status, neither an online confirmation.
Folows some pirctures and handlers I try, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi all, can anyone help me please?

I bought the same zigbee Heiman Gas Sensor as @mauromafra. I installed it using the @jrhbcn’s DH.

It appears in my list of devices, as

application: 12
endpointId: 01
manufacturer: HEIMAN
model: GASSensor-EM

Raw Description 01 0104 0402 00 04 0000 0003 0009 0500 02 0003 0019

but on testing it doesn’t report anything (same as @mauromafra “Your device has no recent activities”). I tested it by putting it on the end of a mains extension cable and putting in on top of a hob of my gas cooker. The alarm went off on the device but did not register in Smartthings.

When I refresh the device in the app I don’t get much in live logging:
gas%20sensor%20live%20logging

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance

OK, so I did some searching and came across this thread:Gas Detector Recommendation Please Zigbee Only

I then change the device to “Orvibo Gas Detector” and it’s now working. When I push the test button on the device I now get a notification of “Smoke detected by the Gas Detector”. Just need a way to change “Smoke” to “Gas” in the notifications now.

Cheers

HEIMAN HS1CG-E Gas Sensor
(Mauro Mafra) #122

Hello
So simple solution and worked for my needs. Detect gás signal is enough to see any problem.
Thanks !!!

(burhan tetik) #123

Hello orvibo soullution didnt work for me. i still get no notification when i press the test button. What am i missing?