Zigbee gas detector for kitchen

I also have the same gas detector running fine and same observations as inpier…just so you know it will cycle red-green-yellow when starting up and can do that for up to 3 minutes as directions state, just let it do so it is a self test of sorts.

@vilayanur, where in the code did you change smoke to gas?

@cfilip1980,
Originally I changed line 124 and line 152. But I didnt seem to get consistent results so I went back to the original code. I am not a coder, I am guessing that @jrhbcn probably would know better.

Thanks

Definitely interested in getting one of these. Anyone have a link for the U.S model?

Smart Combustible Gas Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G53EZCO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xq30ybYFENSWC

But double check it because it says it only works with linker module.

1 Like

This will work fine with @jrhbcn’s code… I have 2 of them

Just ordered from AliExpress, what is the latest device handler?

The one in this thread (Homi) works well

Just received my unit but when I plug it in, the light doesn’t power on? Is my unit broken? How do you turn it on?

Light should come up. Make sure the AC connector is inserted correctly on the back of the device.

I absolutely must get an explosive gas detector now, and I have some questions…

1. Is the consensus on the one available from Aliexpress linked above?
    The only links I saw in this thread are either that one, or the one on Amazon that’s OOS, and one where the link is broken.

2. How many of you have tested your explosive gas detectors?
    I assume there is some level of certification we should be able to trust, but if we’re buying it on aliexpress (burned a time or two on there), I guess I’d prefer to actually know for sure myself.

3. For those that have tested, how did you do the test?
    I was thinking perhaps use a propane torch without flame (?).

p.s. If need be, I will just get a ‘dumb’ one as a temporary solution, but I would really like to be able to integrate it with my HA system if at all possible.

p.p.s. If @JDRoberts has any wisdom on this, please share. :wink:

Got mine on AliExpress. I tested it with a lighter, put it behind the sensor, open the lighter (without flame) and after some seconds the sensor detected the gas.

As you see nothing rigorous but it does give me somehow a peace of mind, go figure… :wink:

Regards,

1 Like

I tested it with natural gas and it worked as expected in my experiments. My nose detected the smell prior to the device and at some lower concentrations (brief releases of gas) I could smell it and the device wouldn’t detect. I would say it is very good device with the added bonus of being a zigbee relay. Be mindful that because I did my experiments outdoors I conducted them with close proximity to the gas source.

1 Like

Thanks, guys. Very cool to know that others have thought it out to the point of testing yourselves too.

Another question (just my curiosity going off again)…
With these explosive gas detectors, do they have multiple sensors; one each for each of the different kinds of gas…natural gas, propane, butane, etc,
or is there some single property in all of these kinds of gases that a single sensor can detect?

I was curious about this point as well. If you ever find out please post

1 Like

Does this work on detecting Propane ? What’s the best position for this ? Low where outlets usually are?
And is it sensitive enough ?
Just checking.

Propane is heavier than air, so place the detector low.

Just ordered two, will place it in laundry room (gas dryer). How is the range extender? I need it for my water leak sensors upstairs.

Just want to confirm this works with SMH? I have it interpreted but I don’t want all my sirens to go off when testing it

I like this…Will this work with webCoRE once the device handler is installed?