ZigBee Abstraction Documentation!

Tom, if you guys do add end point support for calling the new API can you also include it in the inbound parse method. This is a bigger deal as you guys completely strip the source end point for some ZigBee cluster reports like temperature. Here is a thread where I discuss this ZigBee Temperature reporting question for Cluster 0x402 - #3 by pstuart

Text from previous thread follows:

With a ZigBee device there are two ways to get information out of a cluster’s attribute. The first way is to send a read attribute command to the cluster and endpoint’s address . That is what the poll method is often used for in the custom device type. And this works great no problems! I can read the temperature of both end points all day long!! They come in like this:

description: catchall: 0104 0402 39 01 0C40 00 0509 00 00 0000 01 01 000000290080

The second way to get information from a ZigBee device is to configure its reporting, and bind to the cluster / endpoint. That is what happens when the configure method fires. Once a ZigBee device has been configured to report one of its attributes and has been bound to the hub it will send reports from that point on. This also works for me I can bind to the two temperature end points and they both send reports to the hub. The problem is instead of the catcall string I was getting above what I get is this:

description: temperature: 35.00

That would work for me except I have two thermostats in this device and they both report on unique endpoints. In the above description I don’t get the endpoints. So I cant match up the value to the correct probe.

It looks like there is a method parsing the temperature report and handing me the result instead of passing the whole packet like in the catchall above. IF I could find a way to get the endpoint of that report I will be good to go!!

Thanks!

I’m sure you know this but just to state it, there are several off the shelf ZigBee certified products that require unique end points to function properly. For example, this dual relay from smartenit use a unique end point for each relay.

Thanks very much for the response!

2 Likes