Zemismart blind motor (bead chain) - controls from ST?

I’m wondering if there’s a DTH that lets me fully set up devices like my new Zemismart M515EGBZTN ? Once connected to hub I’m hoping I can set the necessary limits (top and bottom are all that really matter, I don’t care about the middle one but I’ll set it if that’s a thing)

I’m a decrepit old man who doesn’t know what a DTH is. I did however make my own motorized shade mechanism (I have a 3D printer and too much time on my hands), and used a simple electro-mechanical concept with limit switches.

If you don’t find a more elegant way to do it and are interested I will be happy to provide additional information.

You can see the concept in my blogs:

Lol. DTH stand for … I think Device Type Handler? It’s basically “the custom code required to integrate devices that totally work with smart things but aren’t on Samsung’s premade integrations list”

I already bought and am using my hardware so no need for custom build, but I’ll check out your work for fun anyway!

2 Likes

Right, DTH is a small bit of code which will format the messages sent to and from the physical device so that smartthings can understand them.

@mtrdesigns-usa

See the FAQ. Although it’s old, the concepts and terminology still apply. :sunglasses:

(The topic title is a clickable link)

Thanks, that helps a lot!

1 Like