Z-Wave Smart Fan Control Custom Device Type

I’m having trouble getting the LED to turn off on the GE/Jasco 14287 Fan Switch with this device type - does anyone have a solution for getting the LED setting to work?

Doesn’t fix the actual selection issue directly, but I use this smartapp from @Sticks18 to just keep it off all the time (except short transition blinks between states/speeds), works like a champ :+1:

https://github.com/sticks18/SmartThings---SmartApps/blob/master/Zwave-indicator-manager.groovy

A good option as the LED status does not work as it should on that device (as you’ve noticed).

@Nezmo @ADHawk @Stroh @Toy4Rick @jasonrwise77 #GitHub
The GitHub integration should be fixed now, let me know if it works. I had to renamed the folders and file and integrated it into my own hub and then committed to sync it.

Owner: ChadCK
Name: SmartThings
Branch: master

I saw they have a SmartThingsPublic Git also, maybe I’ll move it into there later? dunno… Anyways, hope this helps those that wanted it in the GitHub Integration though.

3 Likes

Any have a clue on how to edit the original post? Seems the links for edit are gone, I’m assuming they disable editing after a period of time? I need to get back into it to update the link to the device handler. Anybody have a clue who to reach out to or who can help?

Thank you. This seems to have worked for me.

@ChadCK and @johnconstantelo,

Are there two different DTH with similar features, or one DTH maintained by two different people?

They are 2 different device handlers with similar features. Since I don’t use johns I really couldn’t tell you all that’s different at this point as he may or may not of updated his. Just that originally I had fixed issues with device selection and fixed additional bugs I had found. Including a bug for speed highlighting when using the physical button on the switch. I rewrote and cleaned up a lot of the code and I added stage coloring and feedback along with customizing the set power levels in the menu instead of having hard coded values only. I don’t know if john fixed up his or if it’s the same it was a couple years ago. Also I keep the slider on mine while john removed it on his. I have 6 fans in the house that use my handler and I haven’t had any issues for the last 2 years. Try them both out, see which you like better :smiley:

I just did a comparison of the two files, and they’re vastly different. FWIW, ChadCK works for me but the constjs version has errors in the app (WIndows Phone version).

ChadCK, one thing that would be helpful would be to have the repository named something different from “SmartThings”, as “Update from Repo” only shows the repository name for each attached github repository. And thank you for the awesome handler!

I created a new Device Handler with this code for a GE Fan Controller switch. Works great. Only thing thats not working is the indicator light. The tile button doesn’t effect it. I have been trying to figure out where to change the code. I just want to have it never on. This is my first attempt at customizing a device handler. Any info in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks, Mike

I don’t recall the thread at the moment, but there’s a discussion about that somewhere in the community. I’m mobile at the moment, but do a search on some of your key words and you should find it.

Hi @GaTechThomas, what errors are you getting?

Here you go:

2 Likes

@JDRoberts: Does this SmartApp work for you? I’ve been unable to get it to impact the LED operation in any way, shape or form.

Device handler basically works, except indicator light. When set to never lit it blinks when turned on then solid lit at full speed…
Seem like there are more then three modes for led.

I haven’t been able to change 14287’s indicator light with any of the device types. After looking deeper into it, it seems like the device simply doesn’t respond to the indicatorStatus event, which all of the device types use.

1 Like

It looks like the led setting on this dth is broken. I assume this is outdated and not updated anymore?

Anyone know which dth is the newest and works properly with the ge fan controller now?

It’s not the DTH. The firmware on the actual Fan Control has a bug. It won’t matter what DTH you use.

So is it a newer firmware that is the problem? Or has it never worked?

It has never worked.