Z-Wave Smart Fan Control Custom Device Type

I believe your Leviton switch is OK with the Altura. I wonder if the real issue may be that built-in internal Altura receiver speed controller is not set at full lighting and to HI speed with the wireless remote? I wonder if the remote control button was pressed accidentally switching the internal speed controller to Medium speed so that is as high a speed that the Leviton can achieve for you? This is same problem that people have with the older manual pull chain speed switch when they accidentally pulled the chain by accident putting the speed in a lower speed or the light OFF. I had to cut the pull chains so that my family quit doing that. The Z-Wave controller is only capable to controlling to whatever the fan controls were set to.

FYI; I love your fan choice! Looks great. I think the ideal future solution would be if the community could get the new Ceiling Fan controller to work with SmartThings so you could replace your [Altura receiver] (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Black-Replacement-Remote-and-Receiver-Set-for-Altura-Fans-082392052133/205489329) instead of installing the Leviton or GE Fan controllers.

If the above doesn’t work though simply try adjusting up the lo/med/hi preference values as stated in the original posting.