Z-Wave Issues with Firmware Update 30.3

Thanks for the 30.4 update here in the UK. This is my status:

Double Switch 2 FGS-223 EU v3.3
Hub v 28 Fully functional
Hub v 30.3 Fully functional
Hub v 30.4 Fully functional

Single Switch 2 FGS-213 EU v3.3
Hub v 28 Functional apart from switch status not updating on Smartthings - e.g if ST showing switch as off using ST turns switch on but ST switch status unchanged (whirly symbol for 20 secs).
Hub v 30.3 Same as for v28
Hub v 30.4 Same as for v28

So I have had no problems with the Double Switch 2 on any ST hub version but I have had problems with both of my Single Switch 2s irrespective of the ST hub software version.
Just wondering if the Fibaro v3.3 might be the reason why my problems are the opposite of everyone else’s! All 3 devices were purchased late March

If not, any suggestions?

1 Like

My fibaro ubs is working now, but qubino temperature mesurements are only available with manual refresh, temperature not updating on change. Any sugestions ?

I am massively lacking sleep today. Partly due to troubleshooting this lot, and partly due to burning the candle at both ends getting our home in order for a new baby. Knackering! So maybe I have missed something and I have no issues admitting if that is the case.

Am I to understand that these fibaros essentially slipped through the net at the point of certification? And due to this, the fact they were passed when technically they should not have been, then the responsibility lies with the makers of the hub?

Or (more likely) is that that the cert process isn’t quite as stringent as it could be, so following this, everyone knows that hub makers just purely and simply need to ensure compatibility regardless of where the design faults are, provided that there was a cert awarded.

Just in case there’s any misunderstanding, I’m really not arguing. I’m asking. Ta. It may be helpful to understand moving forward. =)

2 Likes

Glad your setup is working again and congrats in advance on the baby, but there are those of use who haven’t received personal support from ST and still have a broken setup due to this firmware upgrade.

Like others, I don’t understand the rush to satisfy a standards body at the expense of existing customers. Those customers will certainly tell other prospective customers. Then who are you going to sell your ‘this time for real’ z-wave certified hub to?

ST staff has been responsive in acknowledging the problem and developing new beta firmware, but this recent angle to blame certification when you apparently weren’t certified to begin with at the expense of your customer base is concerning.

edit: wrong quote, I’m tired from troubleshooting this too and accidentally quoted a DHT in my clipboard

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Z-Wave Backwards Compatibilty

A post was merged into an existing topic: Z-Wave Backwards Compatibilty

There is some confusion in the posts above with some people referring to a source endpoint versus referring to a Destination end point. There is a big difference between these two.

As @Kianoosh_Karami Noted above it appears that there may have been some devices which were trying to use the Destination endpoint as a kind of central scene command before central scenes were introduced, that is trying to alert the hub to a specific kind of incoming message based on the destination address being used. That would be an exploit, and should not have been certified, although apparently it may have been. :disappointed_relieved:

The zwave specification allows The device manufacturer to spoof the source endpoint in order to, for example, Distinguish between indoor and outdoor temperatures in a multi sensor. But the Destination endpoint for the hub should still be zero. Then there is supposed to be code to figure out how to report the temperatures that were received based on the source endpoint for that device.

If in fact the exploit was being used to send to dummy addresses using the Destination endpoint then, yeah, that probably shouldn’t have ever been certified. But since it was, we’re back to that core concept of Zwave which is backwards compatibility for certified devices.

And, yeah, it’s a mess. :scream:.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Z-Wave Backwards Compatibilty

Immediate suggestion is to reach out to the DTH maker or try and implement the changes to the DTH yourself. If SmartThings is the DTH maker, we will fix it.

Please keep reporting your specific z-wave device issues to this topic. If you would like to discuss certification, compliance, standards, etc. I created a separate topic for that.

1 Like

My Double Switch FGS-223 EU v3.3 is not reporting status on v 30.3

Single Switch FGS-213 worked fine before version 28.XX. ST team promised on this forum that problem will be solved soon (it was in January), but looks like ST team ignore/don’t see the problem.

1 Like

Please see post #123 above. The DTH will likely need modification.

Just a thought … If i am on the beta 30.04 and my fibaro universal sensors are not working on source endpoint 2 ( and higher) then it is the case that this new firmware update is not going to solve a lot if peoples problems. So its up to us to reform the DHT’s to get this working again ! Smarthings does not have a DHT for this product as far as i can see. Is there not help you can give to re-gig the firmware to allow this product to work? Otherwise long nights ahead…

I’d also like to add the Fibaro RGBW controller to the list of devices that no longer work properly (as discovered after wasting an entire weekend on excluding/including/repairing etc). Similar issues as reported with other devices; status reports from the controller are now being ignored by the hub and so the various channel levels have to be requested manually (or actively polled within the DTH). Can I still sign up for the newer firmware or will this be pushed out ASAP?

On firmware 30.4 Fibaro Single Switch 2 not working.

Seems the same issue here.
After installing 30.4 both endpoint 1 and 2 worked. Now the EP2 doesnt’ report anymore.

Any change in the “backend”?

Here link to my other post:
[RELEASE] Fibaro FGBS-001 Universal Binary Sensor (UBS)

Same here, i managed to make it work it reported the temperature but at 2 am it stopped reporting and now is reporting 0.0 until then it reported all the temp changes without any problem :frowning:

My Fibaro FGK 101 with temp sensor no longer works also

1 Like

I have 3 x Fibaro door sensors FGK-10x all using the same DTH and all were reporting temperature prior to 30.03. Since 30.04, 2 started to report temperature and one still does not. The one that does not is an older model.

zw:S type:2001 mfr:010F prod:0700 model:1000 ver:2.01 zwv:3.42

Here mine
zw:L type:2001 mfr:010F prod:0501 model:1002 ver:2.01 zwv:3.52 (and this doesn’t work on EP2 right now on firmware 30.4)