Z-wave issues/limitations VS issues with Hub and or App?

There’s some information in the logs:

But to be honest, SmartThings has very limited network analysis tools. I think this is because from the beginning they made a philosophical decision that customers would not have to know whether a device was using zigbee or zwave or whatever. So we get things like SmartThings saying that zwave has “clusters” (it doesn’t; that’s a zigbee term) because they try to universalize everything at their own top level.

It makes me crazy, as I’m sure it does other people with a network engineering background, but it doesn’t really cause any harm. The payoff is that we get the really pretty amazing ability to set up a device as a “button controller” (another SmartThings term) which can control a mixed group of Zigbee and zwave devices. That’s both very unusual in home automation and very valuable.

If you have any questions about any specific devices, just start a thread for those and you’ll usually get an answer. Or if you want a more solution-oriented discussion regarding a specific project you have underway, put that in the project section and lots of people will join in. That’s where we usually address things like too much lag between a switch and a light coming on and all that. Because there isn’t just one answer that fits every situation, it’s more likely to be the specifics of your own set up. “All home automation is local” and all that. :sunglasses:

There are also a couple of FAQs on protocol-specific questions that come up a lot in the FAQ subforum of the devices section of the community, if you find that kind of topic of interest.

https://community.smartthings.com/c/devices-integrations/faq