Z-wave devices just stopped working throughout the house (14 Feb 2023)

I have most of my house on z-wave. About 2 hours ago all z-wave devices stopped working. I see a new Z-Wave driver was installed for all the devices in the smart things app
Version
2023-02-14T19:50:21:213771531
anyone know how to fix this?

6 Likes

Multiple people are reporting this is probably related to a firmware update that was pushed out:

5 Likes

Came home today to find that none of my GE switches or plugs are working. They show online in IDE, but that’s it. Other things such as my Samsung AC unit and Meross garage doors are still working. I reboot hub, but still the same. Any ideas???

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Seems to be all ZWave devices arent working through the app nor voice control. Zigbee seems to be working though.

2 Likes

All my switches and plugs are not working. All GE as far as I know. All devices show in the iPhone app but nothing works. HELP!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

I have some Z-Wave devices that ARE working such as my Samsung A/C. When I look at the ST status page it shows all green so I am/was worried this is an isolated instance.

Mine were working this morning… Same for you or any others??

Regards,

Bill Wolfe

1 Like

May be related to a hub firmware update that just got pushed out. Make sure you report it to support.

1 Like

It often takes a while before platform problems show up on the status page. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Thanks, I sent an email to the support using the link below.

I found another article that says you can change the driver, but I tried that an there was no other driver.

note I have another Hub I setup a few years ago ( non ST ). It’s just one room, but it works just fine, so it’s not z-wave. It’s something to do we ST

1 Like

What’s the best way to report? Email?

1 Like

I don’t think changing the driver is going to make any difference because people are reporting that this is affecting all zwave devices, many different drivers. This is a platform issue. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Any channel that’s open.

2 Likes

I called and talked to tech support. This is a known issue that he claims they are working on. He took my number and told me that I would receive a text message when the problem is resolved. He said this is affecting millions of customers.

6 Likes

Mine stopped working around 12:30pm est
Before everything was fine

4 Likes

I don’t think they have millions of hub customers, but I’m sure it’s affecting a lot of people.

4 Likes

I hate it, but, I’m glad it’s not isolated to me… Now I have to re-learn how to manually operate a light switch and remember to shut it off when I leave the room :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Actually, same here. z-wave reports as online on IDE. My edge z-wave don’t work. the old Groovy controlled ones work flawlessly.

4 Likes

I know… he started at hundreds, then thousands and then millions. LOL. I added that for the laugh content.

3 Likes

They put up a pretty obscure message on the status page, but it looks like they have a run away problem that’s flooding the network. Or crashing the hub but since we’re not hearing reports of Zigbee issues, I’m betting on a runaway. It’s like a denial of service attack, but self inflicted.

7 Likes

My wife was screaming at Alexis because she thought that Alexis was being stupid. LOL. It was a classic and on Valentine’ s Day, too.

6 Likes