[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Device Handler - Honeywell, GoControl, CT, Linear, Trane, MCO, Remotec

Android vs iOS… ST renders things differently depending on OS.

I use an Android phone, do thing render better on iPhones?

Great question. I have both. I can honestly say that it depends upon the mood of devs and the QA team (I hope they have one). I’ve seen releases when the android layout is better displayed and those when iOS is better. Ideally there shouldn’t be any difference, but that speaks more their internal processes than anything else. Sorry can’t be of more help here. Just report it to ST support and hopeful they will fix it in the next release (and not break something else)

ST fixed the VALUE_CONTROL issues with the iOS release 2.0.5, reenabled it in the updated code.

I’ve got to say with the battery saver feature which limits polling to once every 60 minutes I’ve seen my battery life for the thermostat increase from 3 months to almost a year now! Anyone else seen similar results?

Folks looks like ST devs are at it’s best again. This time they’ve broken the new multiAttributeTile feature for the Android phones with their latest Android update 2.0.7.

So if you’re facing issues (it’ll turn in a ?) then the work around for now is to stop using the multiAttributeTile and revert to the old style interface by making this change:

With the latest code change:

main "summary"
		details(["summary", "mode", "fanMode", "humidity", "heatingSetpoint", "heatLevelDown", "heatLevelUp", "heatSliderControl", "coolingSetpoint", "coolLevelDown", "coolLevelUp", "coolSliderControl", "battery", "refresh", "configure"])

to

main "temperature"
		details(["temperature", "mode", "fanMode", "humidity", "heatingSetpoint", "heatLevelDown", "heatLevelUp", "heatSliderControl", "coolingSetpoint", "coolLevelDown", "coolLevelUp", "coolSliderControl", "battery", "refresh", "configure"])

AND send a report to support@smartthings.com that with the 2.0.7 Android update the multiAttributeTile no longer works.

DO NOT update to 2.0.7 Android if you still on 2.0.6 or earlier.

Ok, it’s early and I’m dense, work this problem what should I be seeing that is different?

First DON’T update to the latest 2.0.7 Android ST App, it has bugs.

However if you’ve already updated to 2.0.7 Android you’ll see a ? when you try to access your Thermostat device.
If you see the ? (it won’t open or anything) then you’ll have to modify the code above to revert back to old style interfaces as the new style interface has broken with the new 2.0.7 update.

@tslagle13 Tim just FYI please

Got it. I’m still on 2.06

Great stay on 2.0.6 or kiss your new interface good bye :wink:

What’s the latest ver on your code?

On the RBoy server, it’s 2.1.5 last updated on Dec 6th to reenable the enhanced multiAttribteTile control features after ST devs had fixed the iOS update. (but now broke the Android).

heh heh so either iOS works or Android works :)))

So reiterating for everyone else don’t update to Android 2.0.7 otherwise the multiAttributeTile feature will stop working and you’ll have to manually disable it in the code as I had outlined a few posts above.

Okay just in case I didn’t mention earlier, if you’re on Android 2.0.7 and seeing a question mark - please send an eMail to support@smartthings.com and report the issue to them that with the 2.0.7 update the multiAttributeTile for type Thermostat is broken and is creating a question mark for you. Enough folks needs to report it to prioritize fixing it.

Anyone else seeing a massive improvement in battery life after enabling the battery save feature? I used to run through a set of 4 batteries every 3-4 months. Right now it’s been running almost 6 months and it’s down only 10%. Just a few tweaks to the poll function and it’s seem to make a world of difference.

Ok, I am having a major issue. I just installed 2 CT101 thermostats. With both of them, after I change to the custom device type, both of them show with questions marks under “Things”. I can go into them both, and there is a question mark on the main screen and no temperature is showing. However, all of the other icons are there, and I can control the thermostat.

So, it’s working, but it’s showing up as unknown in “Things” and no temperature when I go into the “Thing”.

I have used plenty of custom device types now, and know how to publish them to myself, Including RBoy’s Foscam IP Camera device type.

Am I missing something?

Oh, and both of them show up and work just fine when I use the built in CT100 ST’s device…I just hate that interface…

See my posts above

1 Like

Damn, I guess I’m not very good at reading. LOL I thought I had read the whole thread before the holidays… My bad.

Thanks for all you do!!!

Has this “?” issue been resolved yet?

Did you report it to ST?

Folks this isn’t something that anyone except ST can fix. I guess not Enough folks have reported it to ST cause I don’t see any new Anroid update. Just in case my comment above wasn’t clear. Please report it to ST instead of asking if it’s been fixed. That’s the only way it’ll get fixed.