Yeelight integration

The same is true for me. Only the RGBW yeelight smartbulb (6 pcs) is offline. The adjacent KASA switches are working properly in ST. Yeelight offline ST (android app) but in its own application on Singapore server everything is fine. In the official version, registration is OK in ST. That’s how it worked for several months. Anyone have an idea?

Thx

I have the exact same issue with my bedside lamp. It looks like it’s a problem in the ST app. The light works fine when controlling it through the Yeelight app or Google Home. On Smartthings it appears offline. I deleted and added it again, back online but only for 1 day, and offline again.

Funny thing is that I use Sharptools which connects to Smartthings to control the devices, and it works when controlled on Sharptools! So the connection with ST is working, but the app shows the device offline…

I had also an odd issue yesterday when all my devices stopped responding on the app for 30 minutes or so, but the Rules and automations were still running normally, both local and cloud based.

Really thing the app needs fix…

1 Like

Create a virtual switch in Smartthings and link to your Yeelight with automations in Sharptools. This should give you control in Smartthings.

That is a partial solution… The rule in Sharptools with this much conditions is way slower than controlling directly on ST or Google Home. Also, the main problem with a virtual switch is that it does not synchronize with the current status of the light. That light can be turned on by: Google home, Sharptools automation in the morning and manually… In all these cases, the virtual switch gets out of synch with the device só it’s useless…

I am currently using ST only as the hub for Sharptools and controlling everything in the Google Home app… Samsung has to fix this.

Hi,

Workaround here: Bug: YeeLight devices always offline

1 Like

I have exactly the same question: is there any way to manage the colour flow mode from Smartthings app?

I got sick of changing my 6 or so bulbs individually, so I ended up making a Power Automate automation which changed all my bulbs for me. Was pretty easy. Happy to provide details on how to do this if anyone if interested.

I think everyone is interested : D
Can you please share it?

Ok. Yell out if you need more detail, happy to provide it.

Power Automate Desktop (not to be confused with their Power Automate web-based paid tool) is a MS tool that locally automates steps on your computer (web browser, app, etc). It doesn’t take long to learn, just don’t be disappointed if your flow doesn’t work first time. I downloaded it then created a new “flow” using the [web recorder] button which records the clicks in the browser after installing the addon, then allowing you to edit the flow afterwards. I used a specific browser (which is only used for Power Automate) to keep things simple.

The simple flow goes:

1. Launch new Chrome window and navigate the ST Devices page
  2. If the page contains some text indicating it’s the login page (eg. “if you use the SmartThings classic app”, or choose your own) then go to the next step. Else, login using login details***
  3. Navigate to Edit URL of the first Yeelight bulb
  4. Wait 1 second to see the previous value of the [Type] dropdown (else it changes too fast to see). It is often set to “Placeholder”
  5. Set drop down for to “Simulated RGBW Bulb”
  6. [Update] button
  7. Close window

Once you’ve done the steps above (roughly) you can copy and paste 3-6 for each bulb and just change the Edit URL for the next bulb. I find it easy to just give it a go using the web recorder, then fix it up in the edit mode after. Doesn’t need to be perfect for time. Adding [comments] in the script helps you easily find which light the section of automation is for.

Test it works. Test again.

Next time your lights don’t work just run the script, or try relinking the Yeelight service to ST in the mobile app which works some of the time.

I hope MS updates the app soon so flows can be run on a schedule or at least from a .bat/.cmd script so that the Windows Task Scheduler can be used to run it every X hours/days on my desktop which is always on. Dreams are free eh?

Note for *** - Up to you on putting your login details into this app. You could get around this by manually logging into ST before running the flow so that you’re already authenticated.

2 Likes