Yale Lock (YRL-220-ZW) Not Pairing

Anyone figure out this issue? I am having the same issue :sob:

What I Have:
I have V2 of the hub
Z-Wave YRL220-ZW Lever

Tried:
Moved hub right next to it - no luck
Contacted Yale and they sent me a replacement z-wave module - no luck

Not sure what else to try. Have not tried a reset but from what other people have said, does not seem to work.

Go to Device> HUB>Option at top right>Z Wave Utilities>Z Wave exclusion> and with this window open do the 7 - 3 option on Yale. That will remove the Yale lock and you can add it again. Worked like a charm for me.

1 Like

This is pretty frustrating!

Has anyone had any success in solving these connectivity issues? Iā€™m having the problem where there is no option to connect to the hub. I enter the master code, then press 7-#, and the only option available is 3. The 1 doesnā€™t even light up. I thought maybe the module was bad, so I purchased a new Z Wave module, but Iā€™m still getting the same results. Am I doing something wrong? I had the hub right next to the lock, but still nothing.

I have the same issue. Only ā€œ3ā€ option showing, but have never paired, new out of the box. Have tried exclude, no luck. Anyone had any joy from Yale on this?

Same here. Did you have any luck resolving this?

Like the few who have recently had this problem, I too am having issues. My batteries died and I had them pulled out for a long time before replacing. At first I thought that was the issue but now it seems bigger than that.
My Yale also only gives me the 3 option. I go through the smartthings classic app to the ā€œremove z waveā€ and when I push 3 followed by #(gear icon) on the lock it does the same sound it makes when an incorrect code is entered. From YouTube Iā€™ve seen people do this successfully and it makes more of a chime or ā€œsuccessfulā€ sound. I have tried z-wave repair, I have tried adding the lock again (but canā€™t because there is no 1 option on the lock in the z wave menu) and Iā€™m ready to try the factory reset on the lock but would love to avoid setting it all up again especially if that has not fixed the issue.
What are the odds this is a bug in smartthings and not something we did? The reason I ask is because when my lock is on and running I can see the lock status update in real time when I manually change the lock but the smartthings app can not control the lock. So it seems to be on the zwave network but not able to remove and not able to control. Seems very odd. Please, anyone that has figured this out or has some more troubleshooting ideas, Iā€™m all ears.

For what itā€™s worth to others. I finally factory reset my Yale lock (find instructions online, itā€™s easy. One screwdriver needed) one key is, I took my z-wave module out BEFORE adding the batteries back in during a reset. (It was my second try. When I left the module in during reset, the ā€œoption 7ā€ on the main menu of the Yale lock would not be visible. Removing the batteries, then removing the module, resetting the lock, putting batteries back in, (no module) and leaving it for a day worked. Came back next day and took batteries out then put the chip back in and put batteries back in. I assume that middle part of waiting a day is not necessary but that is technically what I did because I got frustrated and walked away for a day. :man_shrugging:t3:)
Once I had successfully reset the lock and had the z-wave module installed, (think just like you had bought it new and setting it up) I was able to see the option 7 again on the menu in the lock, I pushed it, followed by the gear/# and option 3 was still the only option I had. I went into smartthings classic and went to remove z-wave item thinking Iā€™d have the same error from the lock as before but to my surprise it actually removed from the zwave network this time.

Now, I have no way to know, but I wonder if it would have just worked fine and I could have skipped removing it and possibly not have to go through and redo all my automations but Iā€™ll never know now. If you are trying this, before removing the lock from smartthings, make sure smartthings isnā€™t magically working again. Anyway, for me, I removed it and then went through the locks menu again and took option 7 followed by 1 this time, to add to zwave network, and smartthings found it right away etc etc etc everything is working again. I hope that helps someone. Iā€™m sorry itā€™s long and probably confusing but I will try to help if I can and check back when I can. Good luck!

1 Like

I spent all day searching for a solution and this was the answer! Even Yale nor SmartThings shared this.

1 Like

This is the answer. Tried everything else.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad I can finally provide help to others here after years of taking everyone elseā€™s help!

This is so frustrating. It is 2024. I have two of these Yale Real Living 210 locks. Both of them have been abysmal to pair to SmartThings. I was on TA with Yale two weeks ago. They kept on telling me to do the same thing (MC#; 7#; 1#) but it never worked. Finally, it did work but I didnā€™t do anything different. Installing other lock today. Same thing. Canā€™t get it paired to SmartThings. I followed the advice in this thread, but this is just stupid. Expensive lock: pain to get paired. Should be pretty simple. Installed a Kwikset yesterday: easy. First time no problem.

I believe there are different models of the 210. Which do you have?

Thatā€™s a really good question, because not even the box has the model on it. The instructions are somewhat generic. On the label affixed to the box (like a shipping label), it says PRD210. It also says ZWAVE US10BP.

From what I can tell, thatā€™s an older model Yale lock that does not support S2 security. Those models that do support S2 typically need to be within 4-5 ft of the hub to pair as per design.

If they donā€™t support S2 security and you are having a hard time getting them paired, it could be that they are still associated to another hub (typically due to testing at the factory). It is best to do either a factory reset of the lock or to put your hub in exclusion mode and then exclude the device using itā€™s pairing (MC#; 7#; 1#) or exit mode (MC#; 7#; 3#).

Iā€™ve reset to factory several times. Iā€™ve had it 6" from the hub. When I hit the ā€œ1ā€ there is never a sound like other digits. This is a press pad, not a screen.

Iā€™ve done all of those things a dozen times. I did it with another two weeks ago. Same thing. Then it worked. No rhyme or reason. For what I paid, piece of crap. If I could return it I would.