Yale Lock and Fire tablet issues

So for the last few months I’ve been converting my home into a smart home. It started with light switches and thermostats and now I’m getting into security and monitoring. Anyway I’ve picked up a Yale touchscreen deadbolt with zwave and while I can get smartthings to add it, it will not do anything else. I’ve force removed it and re added multiple times with no change. The zwave module is not labeled ATT so no issue there. I also have a Fire HD 8 7th gen tablet and loaded the google store along with smartthings, but the app says I have the wrong browser and can’t access the app. I get the same error when I try to launch the app on a Wink Relay that I also loaded google apps on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

How far is the lock from your hub when you’re trying to add it?

The hub is about 7’ from the lock. Should I move it closer? Also the previous owner told me that the lock was part of the ATT digital life, but the module has “Z-Wave US2.0 CP2.5.3” on it. I assumed that since it didn’t have “ATT…” written on it that it was a regular ZWave module.