Yale Keyless Lock Battery 10% Bug Fix

It seems there’s a bug with the UK Yale Keyless Lock. Using the built-in device handler or the Universal Enhanced handler the lock reports 10% battery from new. (I haven’t seen this change but I’ve only owned it for a couple of months)

I’ve done some debugging and it appears the Yale Keyless is sending “00 80 03 0A” 0A is 10 in Hex. So the lock is incorrectly sending its battery level as 10.

The only time I can get it to send this data is when it’s first paired with the hub. Looking at the device attribute history the battery level hasn’t logged any changes, so it looks like the battery level never gets resent.

I’ve had a play around with the ST Zwave lock handler and a modified version can be found here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TmpR/yaleKeylessLock/master/deviceHandler.groovy

If you just want a quick fix, this version sets the battery level to 100% when the “batteries change” event is sent from the lock. So, use this new handler, then go and take the batteries out and put them back in. Battery level will now read 100%.

I have some questions though if anyone can help…

1. Bizarrely I can’t find anything in the ST Generic Zwave lock handler that handles this code. Can anyone else see where it’s handled in the code I’ve linked to above? I’ve found all the other event handlers, and several battery status handlers but none of these are the ones that get fired.
    Here’s the log for the only time a battery event gets fired:

"zw device: 04, command: 9881, payload: 00 80 03 0A " parsed to [‘name’:‘battery’, ‘unit’:‘%’, ‘value’:10, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘displayed’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Front Door’, ‘descriptionText’:Front Door battery is 10%]

I can’t even find that string in the code anywhere! I’ve added debug outputs to all the other battery related events and none of those get triggered.

1. Does anyone know if the Yale Keyless lock fires the other low/critical battery events that there are handlers for?
1 Like

I’d suggest you share this with Rboy who has a rather good device handler, hopefully he can build this into his version

1 Like

I have posted on his release thread about it and linked to here.

1 Like

Has this been resolved? I notice I now get 90% level (I also used to get 10%) which for a battery that’s been in for 6 months also seems inaccurate, Id expect 60% at best.

Yes has the Yale Keyless Smart door lock with Z-Wave Module 2 battery issue been solved?
This is my current findings.
Installed & set up in Aug and went through batteries (notified at 90%) within 1 month. Reset in all accounts and next set of batteries with 2-3 lock uses a day went through next set of 4 x AA batteries.
Again shows 90% battery in all cases and the 1 % when the batteries run out. Now on 3rd set of 4 x AA batteries.
Checked all batteries and completed all “removal” and 'unenrolling" procedures every time!
Does any one know the issue before I send for replacements from Yale