Yale Conexis l1

My Conexis L1 with the Gen1 Z-Wave module installed was

Data:

• fw: 15.32
  • manufacturer: Yale
  • MSR: 0129-0066-0000

Raw Description: zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:0129 prod:0066 model:0000 ver:15.32 zwv:3.34 lib:03 cc:72,86,98 sec:62,4C,4E,63,8B,85,71,70,75,80,8A

With the Gen2 module installed, I’ve got

Raw Description: zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:0129 prod:6600 model:0002 ver:32.16 zwv:4.61 lib:03 cc:5E,55,98,9F sec:71,8A,8B,4C,70,86,72,5A,73,80,62,85,59,7A,6C role:07 ff:8300 ui:8300

(The Data field is blank on the Gen2 but the same information seems to be within the Raw line - FW is 32.16 and MSR is 0129-6600-0002)

Yours therefore seems to be a Gen2, and the firmware is 32.16. ZWV perhaps relates to the Z-Wave featureset which is apparently the difference between Gen1 and Gen2

Just for info - for some reason I had to reinstall the ST skill on Alexa and go through setup again. This had the effect of giving Alexa access to the lock again.

This wasn’t intentional, but as soon as it happened I was back to 3 day battery life. Removing Alexa access again gave me ‘normal’ battery life.

Just for those wondering about notifications with names - I’m on the Gen 1 module and I get named notifications such as “Steve unlocked the door”.

All I did was create the code from smartthings instead of the door. That said, smartthings can see what codes the door has (as that’s where they are stored) and names them as default “code #” you can then rename those to whatever you want.

I’m on the Yale keyfree connected door.

I do have a question though:

The door has an alarm on it and I would like to utilise it with my motion sensors, does Rboys DH expose the alarm?

Hello Conexis L1 SmartThings Crowd! I am in the US and I have seen a few users ask if anyone has been successful in using the Conexis L1 in the US but I am pretty sure no on has piped in with a yes. My guess is that all of the success stories are in Europe (UK mostly?).

I hope you all do not mind me asking again if there is any user in the US that:

Has a working Conexis L1?
Using the v2 Zwave module?
Can manage (add, delete, change) any user fobs remotely?
Where it was purchased?
Did you need to Yale iOS app to work? If yes, then how in the US?

I have a Loewen patio door with a multi-point lock system and I would really like to use a Conexis L1 with my v2 ST hub.

Thanks in advance for your input and advice!

I’ve had the same issue except we were away when the batteries drained and even struggled to get in with a 9v. Our lock is 1.1.0 and i removed the zwave module 2 and haven’t connected it since. I connected Yale Support and they are sending me a new zwave module 2 but how do I know if its been updated from one I’ve already got. Dont fancy going through the stress we had before…

Both my updated modules have this raw information

zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:0129 prod:6600 model:0002 ver:33.16 zwv:4.61 lib:03 cc:5E,55,98,9F sec:71,8A,8B,4C,70,86,72,5A,73,80,62,85,59,7A,6C role:07 ff:8300 ui:8300

What issues did you have with the 9v battery? It’s comforting knowing it’s an option when the batteries expire but I haven’t tried it myself.

It wasn’t giving the lock enough power to open. We were out if the country and my daughter had been away for a few days so it was dead as anything. They got the best duracell 9v you could get and it would make a noise and give up. We were on the phone to Yale who were doing their best to help and in the end we booked a locksmith for the next day when we were back. When we arrived home i tried the 9v and thankfully it worked, dont know why but it did. As a result the zwave has not been in since and i now carry a back door key with me at all times!

Thanks I’ll check against that when it arrives

Hi guys
Some have you have had a replacement module from yale have you seen an improvement in battery life?
What is the expected life of the batteries with the module.
I’m currently sat on the fence about buying one

Yes it’s been an amazing difference. I installed the new module with Amazon basics batteries on the 8th August. It’s currently at 41%. It didn’t last 6 weeks before the latest module/firmware.

Huge difference wasn’t getting 3 days on the original module the updated module I’m at 53% after 84 days

Only problem is the last few weeks its been a bit hit and miss if the door tells ST if its been locked, I’m planning to replace my zwave devices with zwave plus to improve the zwave plus signal.

2 Likes

Another 15 days and we are now at 44%

I also now track the amount of locks and unlocks the device has done today its been a month since I set that up and its done 358 (Please note a quarter of these will be from the inside unlocking so its a manual unlock not a motor unlock)
Works out at just under 12 per day so around 9 motor uses per day

1 Like

Really useful information thank you

Has anyone else had an issue with being able to remove cards from the Yale Conexis app? I have my lock working well with ST’s but when using the actual Yale app I have several RFID cards that for whatever reason just won’t delete. I want to avoid a factory reset as I have everything working well other than this. Any thoughts?

Hi ive got the yale conexisl1 installed today, i have the Amazon echo and spot, and internet is virgin smarthub modem. What do i need to get amazon to lock / unlock doors ect.

Thanks
Darren

You can’t in the UK they haven’t enabled locks yet. There are work arounds using IFTTT or webcore with a virtual switch but please note it’s not much use had two locks for nearly a year never a time unlocking or locking with alexa would be useful plus there’s the security risk

thanks for reply

this isnt anything to do with hub, ive only just bought that today and need to buy the z wave, hopefully someone can help.

ive got a second conexis one for porch and second for inner door, the inner door has set up perfect, works as should but the one ive installed on porch will not connect to app, ive tried everything from removing batteries , factory reset turning on and off connections but still it wont pair. and because of this it wont let me add more than 1 fob/card to lock the last 1 i do will cancel out the previous one, it will only let me set morecards through the app.
any help would be appreciated

thanks

Hi
I know this digging up an old post, but I’m having the same issue were you able to resolve it