[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Zigbee Outlet (Steps to Pair any Xiaomi Zigbee device!)

Makes complete sense and answers a few of my questions. Thanks for response, appreciated.

Ah now the earlier posts make more sense to me.

Other than plug in, plug out and see what happens (in time) is there a way to see how device A gets through the network / mesh via whatever other devices to contact the Hub?

The biggest issues are not the orvibo but the 25 smartthings sensors. They constantly go offline and need resetting and adding back in. The battery removal and adding process was wearing very thin.

You’re right, the orvibo sensors are reliable, I just have a 4 foot brick wall to get through, as it turns out the one Orvibo sensor I have on the other side of the wall rips through batteries in about 2 weeks. The fact they’re not fond of repeaters (if that is indeed the case) makes sense to me.

I’ve got 2 ST motion sensors and 3 multi’s and they give me no pain. That damn (Discourse has just censored the word da mn) brick wall is the source of a lot of my pain and is making me consider a 2nd hub :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, is that for a bomb shelter?

200 year old windmill.

The base of which is stupid thick. Hence the thought around two hubs. Damn walls :slight_smile:

Lmao - sorry couldn’t resist :blush:

Is that image the fortress in question?

1 Like

That’s the one.

Certified 89% zigbee prof :slight_smile:

Very cool place to live in!! :+1:

1 Like

Pretty spectular indeed. Thinking though you might need more than 2 hubs or a few truck loads of the plugs :blush:

1 Like

I’ve had a some discussion around it over here (not my thread, another Mill owner).

Looks like I’m going to have to look at using 2 hubs. The only concern for me there is when there’s integration between the two. At the moment I’ve got minimal tech on the side of the Mill. I need to determine if I can use z-wave which seems to get through or wether I need to get the 2nd hub which I’m not keen on the idea of for a number of reasons.

@a4refillpad pretty sure you know this already, but just came across this thread

and @anon36505037 makes reference to rebuilding the zigbee mesh after changing around zigbee devices so that I guess they can work out who there closet device is now.

I actually disagree with needing to constantly perform mesh repairs. Zigbee is self healing and will fix itself over time. If indeed you move a lot of repeaters around the house then yes do it, but if you have 100+ sensors around the house each and every time you restart your hub some zigbee sensors will “stick” and it’s a major pain to fix. So, from my experience you should only do it if you run into big problems.
I’ve been conversing with support a bit on this one. Current thinking is that my ST outlet currently closest to the hub is possibly taking on more traffic than it can handle before the zigbee mesh goes into meltdown. So if I perform a “mesh repair” it actually makes it worse as every device that could have connected directly to the hub would choose to go via a repeater and then load this poor little outlet with even more traffic it cannot cope with.
If I do perform a mesh repair, I always leave this one outlet off to prevent it getting too many nodes using it as the last hop.

Hi Guys, I paired my outlet - no problem, but I can’t get it to turn on or off. I see all events, but nothing happens. Any suggestion on how I can troubleshoot it? Thanks!

Hi! My outled working well, and temperature also, However, the temperature does not update, only when I press the Refresh in App.

The DH from the community works. However, if you are not getting the tempreture/humidity sensor to work the way it should, you can use the Smart Sence Tempreture/Humidity sensor from the DH Type drop down. I recommend the second “Smart Sence Tempreture/Humidity” from the list of two identically named. I tried it and it works too. But if you can live with the community DH by @a4refillpad. I am using his DH and it seems to work out.

https://github.com/a4refillpad/Xiaomi/tree/master/devicetypes/a4refillpad

Thanks! But its not the temperature / humidity sensor, thats not working, a the wall plug. I upgraded DH, but still refreshes temperature feedback only when I press refresh.

OK. In that case, you can use the Pollster community app to refresh it at your choice of intervals. It is but one of many ways to achive the result you are looking for.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/pollster-a-smartthings-polling-daemon/3447?u=lmosenko

My plug does not report temp at all. Never knew it’s a feature.