[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

Having switched over to the Aqara DTH it seems to be working. Happy to send you my data if you would still like it?
J

Sure yes please! What do you mean exactly you switched to the Aqara DTH? Is there a difference device handler?

Iā€™m currently using this one:
https://github.com/bspranger/Xiaomi/blob/master/devicetypes/a4refillpad/xiaomi-aqara-motion-sensor.src/xiaomi-aqara-motion-sensor.groovy

Data from old DTH (a4refillpad):

value: 0
rawDescription: catchall: 0104 0000 01 01 0100 00 171D 00 04 115F 0A 01 01FF42210121D10B03281E0421A81305210600062421000000000A2100006410000B21C200

Switched DTH and got a new reading a few hours later:

value: 100
rawDescription: catchall: 0104 0000 01 01 0100 00 171D 00 04 115F 0A 01 01FF42210121D10B03281D0421A81305210600062405000000000A2100006410000B210000

Hope thatā€™s helpful!

and having a quick scan of the DTH, it does indeed have the line

resultMap = getBatteryResult(cluster.data.get(30))

But that value was based upon a wild guess.
Anyone found the real battery value?
Iā€™ll do another check on cluster data

One thing you could try: take a non Aqara door sensorā€™s battery reading and an Aqaraā€™s battery reading (copy their catchalls). Then swap batteries and take another catchall reading. Find the diffs and try the offsets out until the battery percentage matches what it was before the swap.

Original Xiaomi Smart Home Aqara Human Body Sensor with holder stand from Gearbest is on sale $9.99 USD

Linky

I havenā€™t tried this model but does it pair as reliably as the Original Xiaomi Human Body Sensor without the holder stand using a4refillpad dthā€™s, I pair straightup and never had any issues pairing with a4refillpad dthā€™s?

I tried every way for literally hours with multiple aqara motion sensors and couldnā€™t get to pair normally, however, the catchall method was very easy and worked immediately.

I want to set up a few actions when I press the Xiaomi button, is there a good/simple smartapp someone can recommend? I could use webcore but like the smartapp interface without having to edit the webcore code for changes.

Button Controller smartapp should work.

All that does is list devices to select for push/held, runs me through three buttons even though Iā€™ve only selected one and the button only has one buttonā€¦and by the end Iā€™ve had no options to select what occurs when the button is pressed or held.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you happen to have a DTH for the aqara door window sensor? I have one of these which always reports battery of 0%.

I have one on github. Under bspranger

It still does not report the battery correctly, so it just sends 100%.

Several of us tried to figure out the battery but we still have not located it.

Thanks very much. I will use this device type for now.
Smartthings community member @MaverickASC has created a device type for Aqara water sensor which reports battery. Would this be any useful for figuring out battery reporting for other Aqara devices.

What is this?

Hey Guys,

I am pretty new to smarthings, this forum and custom handlers. SO far, it has been a great help!! so thank you all!!
I have successfully added a xiaomi water sensor and its using the smartsense moisture device handler.

I am trying to add a door/window sensor with the a4refillpad handler but i am having an issue. everytime i go through the event log, look for catch all and add the device manually, all i see is the device stuck in open position with an exclamation mark in the middle of the image. no matter if the sensor is mechanically open or closed it still shows the same open with exclamation mark symbol. has anyone experienced this problem?

any help would be appreciated

I had the same issue. Catchall ID keeps changing everytime. Ensure you follow the sequence for pairing. before you hit ā€œadd new deviceā€ with Zigbee ID, exit from ā€œAdd a thing menuā€ on smartthings app. After repeated tries, I got 2 motion sensors to work but third one is still giving me trouble. Good luck with yours

Hi This weekend I need to paring again 3 Door/Windows Sensor, 3 weeks ago I did for two other, any idea whatā€™s happening?

@Vasanth_Kumar_R, I tried that last weeks and that didnā€™t really work. But I will give it another try.
One thing that I did notice is that none of the custom built handlers in this topic work on my hub. I have a Xiaomi Aqara temp sensor that is successfully and itā€™s using the smart sense temp handler. When I attempt to use the Xiaomi Aqara handler provided by @a4refillpad, it becomes unresponsive.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a special procedure that I must do on the hub to get the handlers working?

also, is it just me or are all the Aqara handlers that @a4refillpad provided now gone off his github link?