[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

Would just like to find out from users who are using the Aqara Motion Sensor, which DH are you guys using and does it report the lux reading as well?

As per this description here, it says it can detect light intensity - Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor

1 Like

Alsoā€¦for the Xiaomi zigbee outlets, does the DH from @a4refillpad have the power reading? Just checking all the boxes before i start outfitting my place with Xiaomi products :slight_smile:

I try te code for Aqara door sensor but now I have

ā€œSomethings wrongā€
ā€œWe canā€™t load your screen right now.ā€

:frowning:

I mentioned a few months ago that popping off the back of the Xiaomi door/window sensor and connecting the two large solder points resulted in a ā€œclosedā€ state. I finally got around to testing this as a method of integrating hard-wired alarm contacts to ST. Unfortunately I havenā€™t soldered since high school electronics class (1999) and my $5 soldering iron didnā€™t work very well, but the concept worked.

Connect the two solder on either side of the printed rectangle on the circuit board with TP6 written inside it.

6 Likes

Solve just wait the ST refresh value from Xiaomi sensor

Anyone interested the Aqara sensors are dirt cheap (Flash Sale) on GearBest at the moment (Ā£5.34). Beggars belief how they make a profit on these!

http://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626703.html

The Xiaomi ones are not that much more expensive either.

Hi,

Can the Xiomi products and Aqara products be easily integrated with Smartthings European version ?

I would like to buy button switches and light bulbs.

Thank you.
Daniel Duarte

I am using xiaomi windows sensors and button with UK hub, for xiaomi light bulb (yeelight) there is no direct support and needs a pc/pi running node.js as the bridge or you can use ifttt

1 Like

I have two of the Xiaomi motion sensors. I got them both paired easy enough but after about an hour they stopped reporting motion. They still appear to be paired, the communicate with pollster but donā€™t report motion. Any ideas how to fix this?

Which Device Handler are you using?

They should stay online and report motion along with battery after a period of time. You could remove them, reset the sensors and try to pair them again, perhaps they just did not join properly before.

Also what is your Hubs Firmware version?

Hub firmware us 2.5.0

Iā€™ll try repairing.
Just weird because it worked fine for about the first hour

Some tips for pairing these successfully -

Be really close to the hub when adding them, this is not critical but it really does help if you have problems pairing.

Go with the flow of the flashes from the device, click, it flashes and you get some flashes back, click again and so onā€¦rather than just clicking randomly.

When adding through the app donā€™t save it as soon as it appears (whilst the circle is still spinning) carry on clicking the reset until the circle has stopped spinning and (iirc) the info text changes from ā€˜devices foundā€™ to ā€˜1 device foundā€™

Donā€™t add to pollster until the device has paired successfully showing battery percentage, I donā€™t know if this makes the slightest bit of difference as I donā€™t use pollsterā€¦itā€™s just my own preference to not add to smart apps until successfully paired.

Those are just my observations, itā€™s quite possible you could do everything completely different to that and still achieve successful pairing!

Hi
I think you have quoted the app Version.
You need to go into the ide for the Version your hub is running.
If itā€™s 17.xx OR 18.21 then theā€™re should not be an issue and try re-pairing the sensors.
If itā€™s 18.18 or 18.20 then there is an issue and the sensors will not stay paired.

1 Like

Oh you are right. The firmware version is 000.017.00012

Hey Bob!

Hope all working a little better for you now :grin:

As an fyi you can actually see the Hub f/w version from the app, go into the Hamburger Menu and click on ā€˜Hub is Onlineā€™ the info is listed there.

However! For some reason if I do this on iOS it shows my version to be .18, on droid it shows it as .21 lol. Can only assume this maybe down to the fact that android updated a few days back but iOS has not had such a recent update. Either way the info does not appear to be reliable so looking in the IDE is the way to go because that must be correct right :smirk::roll_eyes: lol

You should not have any issues with that f/w version as the problems were introduced with .18 and fixed with .21.

Which DH are you using?

I would remove them, reset them and follow Mikeā€™s steps just above to try and pair them again.

Few things;

1. The sensors stay onlne for an hour as that is the timeout for a checkin or heartbeat where the hub determines if the sensor is still available or not, if does not get the info back from the sensor they lose connection with each other.
  2. Try to pair very close to the Hub as Mike suggests. The issue could be that the sensors are routing through a different zigbee device and this device is preventing the pairing process to complete properly or not allowing the checkin through.

I know what you mean about the app being incorrect.
Iā€™m still showing 18.20 but Iā€™m actually 18.21 in the ide.

Ok thanks, Iā€™ll give that a try

thanks to TS for the device handlers. They are great.

Been noticing a delay in motion detection to triggered event, anyone seeing the same ?

Yes Zigbee EU or US is the same.
Itā€™s not like Zwave.

I use a lot of Xiaomi in my ST UK