[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

Can anyone confirm if the Xiaomi Power Outlet can read power consumption or not? If so, is there a DH for it?

No it doesnā€™t.

2 Likes

I have one of the round Temp/Humidity sensors and iā€™t been working great for months. I went to purchase some more and found thereā€™s a new version thatā€™s labeled Aqara and is more square. I see that it also added a barometer. Has anyone tried these and successfully paired them to ST?

http://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626702.html?

Hi have an aqara temp sensor that I just paired last night. I noticed it is sending a message that is not parsed. Perhaps that is the barometerā€¦

Otherwise it is working just fine

Hi! Iā€™m ordering a door/window sensor and a motion sensor to test them with ST. Do I need a Xiaomi gateway to figure out the ZigBee ID or is there another way?

The simplest answer is no you donā€™t.

All you need are the community supplied Device Handlers installed in the Smart Things IDE.

1 Like

I know pairing them with ST is a pain in the a*#, could you please tell me whatā€™s the easiest/best way to do that?

1 Like

The best way for me is to use the catch all methode which has been discussed to death above.
You will first install the device handlers in My Device Handler tab in IDE.
Followed by going to your hubā€™s ā€œList Eventsā€ link.
Starting the pairing mode in the ST app.
Holding the reset button on the device (may be a PIN hole.) for a few seconds untill the light flashes rppedly and turns off.
At which time you will release the reset and will see the light on the device flash a few more times and Stop.
Than you will refresh the page view in the ST IDE to see the catch all info. it will be something like D8C1. But deffinatly 4 cheracters long.
Open another websight tab to the Hub Devices tab in IDE and click on the +New Device button.
There you will enter the name for the device you want to create and on the line where you see the ā€œNetwork Idā€ you will enter the catch all info.
After that, you will need to select the Device ā€œTypeā€ from a drop down and chose one of the Xiaomi device handlers you created from code.
Select you location and the hub from respective drope downs and click on the ā€œCreateā€ button.
Go back to the ST app and you may need to stop and start the device inclution procced in the app for the new device to pop-up.
You are Done!

I will create a pictorial if you still need instructions.

2 Likes

Has anyone written a handler for the Aqara double wall switch (Battery powered)?

@tommyincville check out this thread, it relates to work being attempted on the Aqara switch (not battery powered mind) Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee Switch DTH--help needed

2 Likes

For future reference, does anyone know how to replace the battery on a Smart Button please? I have one controlling 2 smart bulbs.

Thanks in advance

There is a tab on the back of the device. When you lift it up, you will be able to rotate the back plate of the Original Xiaomi Button.

A tab? Any chance of photos/illustrations?

1 Like

Will post a video on on my channel and link it to here.

The new aqara door sensors seem to pair far easier than the previous models. Iā€™ve paired two so far with no need for the ā€œcatchallā€ method. SmartThings adds them as a ā€œThingā€ and then I change the device handler to the Xiaomi one. The only downside is the batteries are reporting as zero.

2 Likes

Hello,

I have the new Aqara Xiaomi Door sensor.

Itā€™s work perfectly but this new item can get the temperature and humidity, whitch device type I can use for this ?

Thx

2 Likes

Hello Tim

I have the door sensor but I can get the temperatur and humidity, and you ?
I have the same issue for battery.

Thx

I didnā€™t realise when I bought this that it also could give temperature and humidity however I donā€™t think the current Xiaomi Device handler is capable of providing this information. Maybe @a4refillpad or @erocm1231 can look into this?

I donā€™t have the newer devices but where have you read that it can give temperature and humidity?

I think I make a mistake because I donā€™t find again this information.
I mix 2 info I think sorry my fault :frowning:

Ok itā€™s work perfectly with the handlers just the battery 0%
And no TĀ° or Humidity sensor normal

Sorry