[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

You need to start searching for devices from your phone. Then push pin in the little hole to get the blue light flashing. Then check the events…

1 Like

Ooops. Forget to mention tapping “Add a Thing” before pressing the little button in the hole. I’m doing that bit too.

That’s a reset not a pair. To pair you need short press or presses. It is not necessary to rapidly press, and it’s pointless to press while the blue light is still blinking. It is also not necessary to be close to hub (not our of range of course).

Still no Catchall. Doing the short press and this is what I get in the Event List:

2017-04-20 4:01:58.877 PM CDT
moments ago	HUB		ssdpTerm	urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:b...		devicetype:04, mac:00178819E944, networkAddress:C0A80039, deviceAddress:0050, stringCount:04, ssdpPath:/description.xml, ssdpU...
2017-04-20 4:01:58.834 PM CDT
moments ago	HUB		ssdpTerm	uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-9b23-...		devicetype:04, mac:00178819E944, networkAddress:C0A80039, deviceAddress:0050, stringCount:04, ssdpPath:/description.xml, ssdpU...
2017-04-20 4:01:58.780 PM CDT
moments ago	HUB		ssdpTerm	upnp:rootdevice		devicetype:04, mac:00178819E944, networkAddres

Can you explain this method–one without using the app at all? I can initially pair my motion sensor by tapping “Add a thing”, holding the pairing button with a pin for about 3sec, going into device Event Log, finding catchall and manually adding a device.
The motion sensor works well for a few hours and then falls off the network. I’ve tried pressing the pairing button many times after adding the device to ST as suggested–that still didn’t work. Maybe your method will work better.

Hopefully you mean pressing many times while adding the device

For motion sensors the app works same non-Xiamoi devices – you just need more patience. The catch all is more reliable (had zero drop offs with it). If you follow these tips you should be good:

• Long press only to start but not after. This is because you don’t want reset the device after it thinks it paired (I learned the hard way that pairing on the device side and the hub side does not happen at the same time)
  • Short presses after blue light is no longer blinking
  • No more presses after thing show in app or catchall shows in log and no more presses ever unless you need to re-pair
  • Let it rest at same place where you paired until battery shows - if battery doesn’t show within 24 hours repeat.

This method will get the motion sensor or the button in the app (slower) or using catchall (faster). Be sure NOT to use long presses after first one. If you do accidentally, or if the things appear just after long press so you are not sure what happened before what , start over.

2 Likes

It will come be patient and keep pressing :slight_smile: Don’t forget to refresh your browser after few presses, since these logs do not auto refresh.

I too have multiple Xiaomi things already paired: Two buttons, door sensor and motion sensor paired via pressing button many times, and outlet paired via catchall. But now I recived the temp sensor and magic cube, and no luck to pair them. pressing button does not work, nor getting catchall- I’ve tried for two days, and do not understand what’s wrong

On FB I saw a guy having issues with pairing a device(multi-channel device). It started 2 days ago. Wonder if it’s a platform thing. ST says it’s his DH but it worked for him and lots of people fine up til now and now they can’t connect any new devices of that type.

I now keep getting this error when trying to manually add the motion sensor:

Oh No! Something Went Wrong!
Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/device/save
Reference Id
(XXXX)
Date
Sat Apr 22 16:16:42 UTC 2017

Edit: This was due to the motion sensor being added somehow when it popped up when Add a Thing was open. It added it as “Xiaomi Sensor” which I didn’t notice until after I wrote this message.

I also had the error, and then I realized that, ID that I read from log was already in use. ie the object; that has already been added

1 Like

Thanx, in my IDE “IDE Logs” have the name of List Events, thanx to you it works like a charm.

My xiaomi devices keep getting disconnected after a 30 minutes or so, Could it be because I am using version 1 hub?
I have tried both the “catchall” and the “Add a thing” methods with the same results. Does anyone have successfully paired any xiaomi device with V.1 hub?

I ended up having the same issue on my V1 hub. Found out the motion would stay connect as long as it was triggered every couple of minutes then drop off if left alone. Buttons the same thing.

my sensors have been working great since I set them up . at first there was issue pairing but ever since they have been active

Do you have the V.1 hub?

nope. I have the V2

The Xiaomi motion sensors have been really frustrating for me. The door/window sensors are working great (I wish I knew about them before I bought 45 of the Lowe’s sensors which are much bulkier and double the cost).
This is what I am doing:

1. “Add a thing” in the ST app
  2. Hold pair button on motion sensor for about 3 seconds until it flashes
  3. Lots of quick presses on the pair button (someone described a “jackhammer” motion)
  4. List Events under My Hubs to find the 4 digit catchall code
  5. Add Device using the catchall code for Device ID and Device Network ID

It will then work great for a little while (maybe an hour or two) but then just stop sending motion events and need to be added again. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Which hub? V1 or V2. Motion and buttons would not stay connected to my V1 but work great with my V2